- fourteen

Slouching on the sofa, tears stain my face, I explain what happened to Chris and he attempts to comfort me.

"They think they can just boss me around but I'm 19. I don't need looking after anymore." I cry. "They just want what's best for you, they don't mean anything by it." Chris grabs my hands and starts rubbing gentle circles on my skin.

"But they do," I breathe. "I'm not their favourite. I'm not the one who can do anything, I'm not the one who doesn't get yelled at. It's always Jack. My parents just want to keep me cooped up inside all the time. I'm not free to do what I want, I'm not their favourite." I cry into Chris' chest as he wraps his muscular arms around my small frame. "You're my favourite..." He whispers. "You deserve the world." He hugs me tighter and I smile at his words.

I'm someone's favourite. Someone told me I deserve the world. I mean something to someone, he's not using me, I really mean something to him, to the guy I love...

There is definitely something there between us, it's like a spark. Like we've suddenly come together, in love. Sometimes, he gets embarrassed by saying some things, but what he doesn't know is that I truly appreciate what he is saying, I must tell him one day. We haven't exchanged out first 'I love you's' but I think that's okay. I don't know where we are in our relationship at the moment, but I know we're somewhere good. We don't need to rush into things like that, we can take it slow, if we can...

I stay in Chris' arms until iv calmed down a bit.

"It's the second time i've come crying to you. Hell, we barley know each other. You must think I'm pathetic." I laugh breathlessly as I feel him shake his head. "You're not pathetic, Maya." He kissed the top of my head. "And we know loads about each other, don't be silly." He laughs. I sit up and raise an eyebrow at him. "What's my middle name?" I ask. He looks down in embarrassment with a cheeky smile spread across his face. "Okay so what, we need to get to know each other more." He rolls his eyes. I playfully jab him in the arm and he jumps back in surprise.

"I never knew you were quite the violent one." He jokes as he rubs his arm. "There's a lot you don't know about me, Chris. A lot."

"Okay then. Let's have another date. This time we'll get to know each other, a couple of questions each. Tomorrow." He announces. "Why can't we just have it now? We have all day." I question. "You first."

We both turn to sit opposite each other on the sofa with our legs crossed.

"When was," I stuttered, trying to think of a question. "When was your first football match?" I asked. "You know I've been playing football all my life, maybe in year 6?" He questions himself and I giggle.

"What did you first think of me?" Was his question. We all knew each other when we were very little but only got to know him as we were getting older. I didn't want to be too gushy and tell him how I feel, so I decided just to shorten it. "My brothers hot best friend who could play football better than he could..." I admitted and looked down at my legs. Before he could say anything I quickly asked him the same question back.

"I just knew you as Jack's little sister that," he stuttered. "That what?" I laughed. "That I like." His cheeks went a light shade of red. "What-" Chris cut me off. "It's my go." He smirks.

"How long have you liked me?" He spoke with a mischievous grin spread across his face. My heart pounded as I didn't want him to know how long I have been bottling up all my feelings for him. "Long enough..." I say, not giving him eye contact.

Suddenly, he gently grabbed my face so it was facing his. "How long?" He smirked and let go. "Since forever." I mumbled, so he didn't understand me. "What?" He asked, leaning closer and closer to me. "Since forever." I mumbled again and by this time I was lying down on the sofa with Chris hovering above me.

We both stopped messing around and our breathing was heavy and in sync. "Since when?" He whispered, our faces inches apart. "Since forever..."

His lips soon met mine and it felt like fireworks were exploding all around us. I think I love him.