- twenty

"So, how long were you and Ana... A thing?" I asked, as we walked back to the treehouse, him sipping on the coffee I bought and me eating my sandwich.

He looked at me with a blank expression. "We weren't a thing, Maya."

"I know," I stated, squeezing his hand as he pulled me closer to him. "Just how long were you, you know." I tried to ask, without it sounding like I was jealous or being cocky about it. "Two days." He stated. "Did you-" I got cut off by him, "we didn't kiss or anything, okay?" He explained nicely and kissed my head. "Now stop asking questions."

Currently back at the treehouse, we just talked and talked until it got late. "I'm glad I've got you back..." I whispered to Chris, too nervous to look at him.

I felt him tuck a finger under my chin and lift my head up so our eyes were level. "I love you." He states and lightly kisses my nose. "I love you too." I smile. "It feels so weird to say that." I add. Chris gives me a confused look and asks why.

"Because I've liked you for so long and now I'm sitting here with you in this secret treehouse in the middle of the forest telling you I love you." I laugh as this was all so surreal to me. He looks at me in awe as a he rolls his eyes playfully at me. "You're so cute."

I stare at him deeply in the eyes as I realise my own have travelled to his lips and back up to his eyes again. "You're cuter..." I say, almost inaudible as I lean in to kiss him. I grab the collar of his red arsenal shirt and pull him closer to me. He kisses back almost immediately.

My heart quickened as his hand rested on my thigh and slightly squeezed it.

I pull away and smile at our closeness. I give him another quick kiss on the lips and move away from him completely, standing up. "I should go now." I say and grab my bag and continue to put everything away that I got out of it.

As I did so I felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I freeze but then relax again when I realise it's Chris.

"I've been thinking." He announces as he spins me around in his arms. "What've you been thinking?" I ask. "That we should tell Jack about us..."

My heart begins to race as he thinks it's a good idea to tell Jack. I don't even know what I am to Chris, really. We've been on a couple of dates, but what does that mean? He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, so right now we're just friends who've admitted they love each other?

"Are you crazy." I say calmly, pushing him away from me. "No." He says bluntly. "Chris, he will not allow it and you know that. There's not point. He'll just stop us from seeing each other," I explain. "Or, do you want that?"

"No, of course I don't." He whispers. "I don't really know what I am to you to be honest." I admit. "What do you mean?" If he doesn't understand, doesn't that show I don't really mean anything to him?

"I don't know if I'm your girlfriend or if I'm a 'love interest' or just a friend or something else." I say without taking a breath. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks.

"I don't care, as long as I have you, that's all that matters to me." I state, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "Together that's all I need..."

sorry for the lack of updates my loves :(
i have just started school again and i unfortunately i won't be able to get chapters up as frequently as i was before, hopefully every weekend though.

thank you all for waiting, sticking around and giving this book a chance because i dont know if this chapter was too cheesy or some shit.

daisy x