- seven

Waking up due to the bright sun shining through my curtains, I slowly make my way out of my bed.

I slip my grey shorts on and put my oversized jumper that says 'nap queen' on it. I grab my phone and make my way downstairs for breakfast.

With my parents both at work today I find Jack downstairs sobbing to himself, it sounds like he's crying. "Jack?"

He quickly wipes is eyes in attempt to make it look like he hasn't been crying. "Hey." He smiles. His nose was bright red and he had puffy eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask and sit down next to him. "It's Lauren," Lauren is Jack's girlfriend of 3 years. They used to see each other all the time until he got more and more in to football. They barely see each other anymore, sometimes I forget she's even Jack's girlfriend. "She's broken up with me." He cries into his hands.

I rub his back, not knowing what to do or how to make him feel better. "Well, you didn't really see her very often..." I whispered, ready to get yelled at by not saying the right thing. "But I love her!" Jack raises his voice which scares me. He then storms off upstairs into his room. "You can't blame someone for walking away if you didn't do anything to make them stay!" I shout to him.

I stand there with wide eyes and start to get breakfast. I get cut up some strawberries into a bowl and some pour some orange juice into a cup and sit down at the table.

Just minding my own business, scrolling through my time line, I see that Chris has tweeted about yesterday's match. I like the tweet in support and carry on scrolling.

Not even 2 minutes later, I get a message from Chris. My heart races as the notification pops up at the top of my phone.

meet me at the bridge, we need to talk - chris.

What does he want? I need to stop letting people who do so little for me control so much of my mind, feelings and emotions.

I quickly shove my breakfast into my mouth and race upstairs to get changed.

Once Iv done so I write a note to Jack - telling him that Iv 'gone out' and slip it underneath his door.

I walk down the pavement for a short time then turn left. I see him standing there in his white tee and black jeans. I carry on walking until he notices me.

"You wanted to talk?" I say and he turns to me.

"I don't know where I stand with you, I don't know what I mean to you, all I know is every time I think of you, all I want to do is be with you," he breathes. I stand there in shock. I did not think I'd be coming here to hear this. "I saw you look at me from the benches yesterday, you let me hold your hand on June 10th." He admitted. I shook my head and looked down at my shoes. "You looked at me for real that night."

"And?" I questioned. "Does that not mean anything to you?" He asks.

"The truth? I like you a lot. You make me happy. You make me laugh. You're smart. You're you're different. You're a little crazy, and your smile alone can make my day." I explain.

"Good." He states. "Because I want to be with you. It's as simple and as complicated as that."

I immediately wrap my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest. He took a minute but tightly wrapped his arms around my neck.

"I'm afraid we'll be one of the ones who miss each other their entire life." I say into his chest. "It could work, though." Chris said. "It wouldn't..." And I pull out from his grip.

"It could... It could be our secret love." He spoke, caressing my cheek with his hand.

Chris leans down and I feel my pulse quicken. Soon I feel him connects his lips to mine. I felt fireworks erupt inside my body as our lips moved in harmony. "I suppose..."

maya: secret love...
Sent - wed. 13:21