- twelve

I stayed at the treehouse for as long as I could before my parents started asking after me. I didn't want to be near anyone. I'm disappointed at what I had done, she deserved it by all means, but not by me. Jack can't know about this, I'm terrified about how he'll react because she was once his favourite person, he would've never wanted her to get hurt.

I looked at myself in the reflection of my blank phone screen. I looked like death and I had the most blank expression on my face. Yet, I still managed to feel, in love...

I don't know how to feel about Chris. Some moments he made me feel so happy. Some moments he made me feel loved, and not used. Some moments he made me feel guilty. Guilty because I'm putting my relationship with my brother on the line, for him, because I love him?

I hang at the treehouse by myself until it starts to get dark.

On my way back home, I see that messages have come through from my friends asking if I was okay. Seen as I told them to just leave. I replied saying I was fine and that Chris helped clean me up.

As I arrive home, I try to open the front door quietly so no one could hear me and so that I could clear myself up better with the right resources before anyone saw what state I was in. I still had a faded red stains under my nose and slight bruising on the side of my forehead. I need to cover that up.

I manage to make it through the door quietly, barley making a noise. I tip toe down the small corridor and in to the kitchen, where I find my brother making a cup of tea. I quickly race round and attempt to hide but he already saw me. "Maya?" He whispered as it was pretty late and our parents are probably asleep.

I stay silent as he looks around the corner of the door. I look down and huff. He was going to find out either way.

I slowly look up and him and he gasps. "Who did this to you?" He whisper yelled. I had to think of a solution, and fast. "A-Ana, it was Ana..." I mumble. I figured to blame it on one of the girls because they'll understand. He looked at me with confusion spread across his face. I roll my eyes at him - signalling him to leave me alone, and I went to talk past him to leave. Until I felt a hand grip my arm and pull me back. "What happened?" Jack asked. "I- nothing! We just had a little scratch, it doesn't matter."

As soon as Jack left me alone I creeped upstairs to the bathroom, wiped away all the blood but didn't bother to try and cover my bruises with makeup, as theres no point because I'm going to sleep now.

I hope this doesn't end up and just a heap of lies. I'd like to keep my friendship with Ana, not destroy it.