- twentysix

"Hi," I stuttered, not knowing what to say. My palms were getting hot. I had to blink a few times to reassure myself this was actually happening right now.

Lauren, sniggering and looking at me like I was a piece of shit. Thinking she can just come in my house and suddenly fall back in love with my brother like that? I don't think so, she'll have to watch herself.

"So. What brings you back here, Lauren?" I asked, with a sweet smile. "I just came to share a meal my lovely boyfriend," She replied, almost as innocent looking as me. I nodded and turned on my heels to go up to my room and reminisce the day I had, not looking at Jack or making any contact with him whatsoever.

After skyping Chris and speaking with him for most of the night I end our call and say goodnight. He makes me so happy, its unbelievable how much someone can have such an impact on you. It's like some sort of love i've been missing all my life. It's like you don't know it until it's there. Hell, God knows what my life would be like without him...

Interrupting me from my deep thoughts, came a knock at my bedroom door, securely closed. "Come in." I speak out to the unknown figure on the other side of the door. "It's just me, who you talking to?" Jack asked. "Chris." I stated, not caring anymore. He heard my voice and looked to the floor, not impressed. "I wanted to apologise for the way I acted earlier. I was out of order, but I just can't see you with him. I'm sorry."

My head spun in circles as I process what I'm being told. My lips shivered and voice stuttered with what to say. "Why not?" I ask. "Because he's my best friend! He's like a brother to me! I just can't see my little sister with him... It's not right for me."

"It's not about you, it's about me and Chris. He makes me happy! Do you not want me to be happy?" I whisper, with tears in my eyes.

"What if he hurts you or does something that I don't approve of? You're my little sister and I can't help but care for you." My older brother calmly explains as I slightly shuffle away from him. "Yeah, well I'm almost 20 years old. I don't need looking after." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest in some sort of defence. "Why do you push everyone away?"

"Don't you dare go asking me about pushing everyone away. It hurts because it matters!" I yell.  "I'm going to be with Chris wether you like if or not. You're just going to have to deal with it, even though it may be hard for you," I explain. "Just like I'm going to have to cope with Lauren after what she did..." I say, realising what I just blurted out by accident. I quickly cover my mouth in despair but it was too late...