- sixteen

"What have you done now?" Fia asks as the 4 of them walk through my front door. My parents are currently at work, they would definitely not let me have friends round.

"So," I say as they all sit down on the various sofas in my lounge. "I've fucked up so, so bad." I admit, throwing my head in my hands. "What happened?" Samantha asked, as if it's a regular thing for me now.

I explain to them what happened and that I used Ana as an excuse for it all. I got mixed signals from all of them.

"That's okay, she'll understand."
"Why would you use her as an excuse?"
"Don't worry about it, Maya. It'll get sorted out."
"That's so out, how could you do that?"

It was quite clear to see that Chloe and Sammy were most annoyed.

"She's suppose to be your best friend, Maya." Chloe complains and storms out, Sam following.

I put my head in my hands, trying to keep it together, trying not to cry in front of my 2 friends that stayed. Fia and Maddie came and sat next to me by my side. "What do I do?" I ask them. "Just explain to Ana. She'll understand, I'm sure of it. Just make sure it doesn't end up as a heap of lies. And make sure you make up before your birthday, that party is still going to happen." Maddie grins and rubs my back in comfort. "What about the others?" I question. "I agree that what you did was wrong, but there was no need for them to go off like that." Fia admits and gives me a warm smile, her blonde ombré hair slightly covering her face.

"Thanks guys, I appreciate it. And my 'party' is still going to happen, don't worry." I breathe out. "I'll ask her to come over now, might as well get it over and done with."

I shuffle the girls out the door and nervously wait for Ana to arrive next. I leaned on the wall next to the front door and had horrible thoughts surrounding my mind.

The doorbell interrupted me in my deep thought and my heart rate sped up immensely. I turn to the door and take a deep breath. "Hey!" She squealed as I opened the door. "What's wrong..." She asked as she stepped through the door and saw that the others weren't here. "I need to tell you something."

"W-why would you do that?" Ana stuttered, after I explained everything to her. "Your parents must think I'm some kind of monster!"

"I'm sorry." I whisper. "I don't know what to think of you anymore. You told your parents and Jack that it was me who did that to you," she said while pointing at my bruises. "I would usually be all ears and let you explain why you even broke out into a fight. Not this time, it's your own little mess. Don't get me dragged into it." She said before turning around. "And don't even think that I'll be coming here for your 20th!" She spits before slamming the front door shut behind her.

"Fuck!" I scream before hitting the wall with the side of my fist. Tears streaming down my face in anger. If I had just told my brother the truth, this would never have happened and I would still have my best friend.

Suddenly, I hear my phone ring from upstairs and I stomp up to my room. It's Chris. He greets me with a hello and I can imagine him smiling, his perfect white teeth on show. I answer back and he immediately spots something. "Have you been crying? " He asks, worriedly. "I'll see you soon, I'll explain to you then, I promise." and lock myself in there for the night. Not wanting to speak to anyone else.

please check out my faves' books —
qualityminter
ansfio  
they have both recently started stories about the sidemen & it would mean a lot to them and me if you would read them.

daisy x