Chapter 30: Shelter

Rey's POV - - -

We arrived on Takodana unharmed. Finn was on edge though.  We walked into the base. The place was chaotic. Everyone was running everywhere.  I saw Leia and Luke talking to someone. I walked over.

Luke looked at me, "Rey. You're okay?" He looked relieved. 

Leia hugged me. I looked at... Maz.

"Hello child." I smiled. I have come a long way since the last time I saw her. It was nice. 

"Well Maz. I believe you were right." She smiled. But strangely adjusted her glasses.  Looking at my eyes. She nodded and stepped away motioning for me to follow.  I smiled at Leia and followed.

I followed her to a room with many different trinkets. 

"Rey, you have come a long way. And I am amazed at how the force has worked in your life. You have hold of your past with confidence now. Luke has told me. But you continue to put up walls." 

"Walls?" she wasn't making any sense. 

"They don't keep me from seeing. I see it in your eyes child."

"And what do you see?" 

"You must go." 

"Where must I go?"

"You know." 

"No. I don't Maz. Where must I go?"

"You are blinding yourself. Rey." She grabbed my hands, "You must go to him."

"To him?" 

"You know of whom I speak." 

"So you know?" 

"That is what I see in your eyes. Love. He needs you now, more then ever. You must go." 

"Why? I just left. He just let us go." 

"That is why. His debt to Snoke is ever so deeper now. If you do not go, the dark will consume him. He'll become the monster they say he is. Ben will no longer exist. All that will be left is Kylo Ren. Snoke will order him to kill you, to kill all of you. Once he has done that he will realize what he has done. What he can't escape. He will be in the chains of his decisions. Because of what he chose to do, to become. Rey." I looked up at her. Tears were forming in my eyes, "You must go to him now, you are his only chance. The light, it is calling to him, and he needs to let it in. Bring him back to the light Rey or he will be stuck in forever suffering." She let go of my hands, "Go." I ran, I ran down the hallways we walked down. Past all of the people I knew. I ran without saying a word to them. I climbed into the ship that Finn rescued me in. I set it to the coordinates of its last journey. 

"I'm coming Ben, I'm coming." I said aloud to myself and to him. If he could hear me.