Chapter 38: Duel of Fates

Rey's POV ~ ~ ~

He walked closer to me, his saber still ignited. Once he was right in front of me I looked up at him. He lifted his lightsaber. Then he stopped.

"No. I want to do this the right way." Snoke said nothing. I know what will happen. If he kills a me Ren will stay. If I kill him, I will stay. He put out his hand towards a knight. He was handed a saber. They pulled me up.

"You shall fight with this. " he handed me the saber. This one felt different. Heavier...but not. He walked towards Snoke. I followed a few steps behind. He turned around with his head in my direction, yet I couldn't tell where he was looking. He saber ignited again. I ignited the one I was given. It glowed a glorious red. I felt the power flowing through it.

"Kylo Ren, take off that mask. My opinion doesn't change with or without it. "

"You think me taking off my mask will help you.?"

"Ben. Take off that mask. I know you and that mask is not you. "

"Ben Solo is dead. Why can't you grasp that scavenger? "

"He's not. He lives in you." He lifted up his hand and took the helmet off. He looked at me.

"Your move scavenger. " I have now backed far away from him. I ran towards him. The red clashed. He the. Came at me with an even stronger hit. The sabers clashed again.

"Luke deserved to die. Just like you scavenger. "

"No. You will pay for what you have done. Luke will live through my success. "

"So optimistic are we?" My grip tightened. He forced me away. Then lifting his hand and used the force to push me against the wall. I dropped the saber when I hit the wall. He stopped. I got up and picked up the lightsaber. I started to run towards him but be stopped me with his well practiced force hold. I stopped. I couldn't move anything. He turned around to face Snoke.

"Finish her?"

"Yes, yes get on with it." I closed my eyes and felt the force. I felt my arm move I moved it in front of me. I moved the other to meet it. I slowly started to move my legs.

"How?" Kylo questioned. I couldn't even explain it. I was moving past his hold. He tried to stop me. He couldn't I kept moving.

"Rey stop! "

"No.!" He lit his saber when I got close. I know what I need to do. He's vulnerable. He is stuck. Being pulled to both sides. I need to stop.

I stopped three feet away from him. He looked at me with a confused face.

"What are you doing Rey?" I threw the saber on the ground not loosing eye contact.

"Ben," I walked foward and put my hand on his face, " I know you are in there. I forgive you for all you have done. But that doesn't matter. The light is calling to you. You continue to resist it but, Ben you need to let it in. You need to forgive yourself. "

"How? I have hurt so many. Killed innocents."

"No. Kylo Ren did. Not Ben." He looked at me then down at his saber that was still ignited. This was his choice. He handed it to me. I shut it off and smiled at him.

"Ben." Ben went flying to the other side of the room. Snoke stood before me.

Author's Note

This is what I was listening to the whole time. All because I made the chapter title this song's titls.. John Williams is amazing!