Chapter 26- Together Again

Mark's POV

I woke up thinking about yesterday. When I said Jack's name, it's like he ignored me. But then again, he had his phone out on the elevator, so maybe he was just listening to music. He does listen to it a lot.

I got out of bed and got dressed. PAX is tomorrow, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do today, but I'm sure I'll figure out something. Maybe I'll try to hang with Jack. We haven't really talked much for a year, and I feel bad. I know he's probably upset at what happened. I know I am.

~flashback before Mark arrived~

PAX was in a few days and my flight was later today, so it was time to finish packing. I went to my closet to pick out clothes to put in my suitcase. After I finished packing, I went to close my closet when I noticed something on the bottom of my closet towards the back. I picked it up and noticed what it was. Jack's hoodie? What is it doing here...? I decided to put it in my suitcase so I could give it back to him.

After I finished, I went to the bathroom to take a shower before I left for my flight. When I finished and got dressed, I noticed a piece of paper folded on the ground next to the cabinet. What is that? And how did I not notice that before? I picked it up and unfolded it. I noticed it was a note, so I decide to read it. (If you don't want to see what the note said, just skip it. It won't impact the story at all if you do.)

Dear Mark,
I'm sorry, but I can't do this anymore. You doing what you did made me realize I'm not as important as I thought I was to you. If I was, you would've checked up on me, but you didn't... and you weren't the first to make fun of me... it just hurt more from you... so goodbye Mark... I love you...so much...
~Jack

I just stared at the note, a tear falling down my face. I remember everything now. The promise rings, the café, the hospital, everything. I remember why I lost these memories. I signed a contract with Darkiplier so he would leave Jack alone. I'd had enough when I almost lost Jack because of him, I just didn't remember until now. How could I be so stupid?!

I put the note in my pocket and walked out of the bathroom.

~flashback over~

I decided to put on Jack's hoodie so he'll be with me even if we can't hang today. I grab my keys and room key and walk out the door. When I did, the door next to me opened as well. I slightly chuckled. I guess I just have great timing. When I saw who walked out the door, I smiled.

"Hey Jack."

He looked at me quickly and I could tell he didn't really know what to do. Finally, he spoke.

"Oh, uh, hey Mark."

He just continued to look down, so I decided to walk over to him.

"Jack, can we talk?"

He looks up at me, and we make eye contact.

"Uh, I don't know Mark..."

I slightly broke. I really needed to talk to him.

"Please Jack. I really need to talk to you."

"Uh, okay Mark. Just let me get my phone from my room. I just realized I forgot it."

He walked back into his room, and at that moment, I got a text. I looked at it, and it was from an unknown number, which only meant one thing.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you..."

I decided to just ignore the text. I'm hanging out with Jack right now. If I have to deal with Dark later then fine, but I'm not letting him get between me and Jack again. That's when Jack walked out the door.

"So, where are we going Mark?"

"I was thinking maybe we could talk over breakfast?"

"Sounds great! I'm starving."

"Great! You lead the way Jack. You probably know where everything is."

We went down the elevator, and he lead me into a restaurant. I didn't think a restaurant would serve breakfast, but I trust him. We were brought to a table, and we sat down. We were brought menus, so we ordered our food.

"So, this restaurant serves breakfast?"

"Yeah. I was surprised too. I found out because I came here last night for dinner. I thought the dinner was amazing, so I wanted to see if the breakfast was just as good. I'm just glad I'm not alone to do so."

That's when he smiled at me. I haven't seen him genuinely smile in a long time. I smiled back at him. After our food was brought out, we started to talk more.

"So, how are you and your girlfriend Jack?"

I ate some of my pancakes while I waited for him to answer.

"Oh, we broke up like two weeks ago."

This kinda surprised me. They looked so happy together.

"Really? What happened? You two looked happy together."

"We were, but it just didn't feel right, and she felt the same way, so we just broke up. Not a big deal."

"Oh. Okay."

We just kinda sat there in silence for a while, finishing our breakfast.

"So Jack, I know we just ate breakfast together, but would it be okay if we hung out today?"

"Of course. We haven't talked to or seen each other for a year. I think it's WAY past time."

So we put the money on the table and left the restaurant. I decided we should do things in the hotel. It has so many things to do, according to Jack. So, we started off with an arcade.

~5 hours later, in Jack's room~

We did so many things around the hotel, it was so much fun! Right now, we were both sitting on Jack's bed, laughing at moments from today.

"Thanks Mark. I'm really glad to have been able to hang out with you today."

"The day's not over yet Jack."

"What do you mean Mark?"

I got off the bed and started pacing. It's now or never. I turned to face Jack.

"Mark, what's going on?"

"I've been meaning to say this since I saw you yesterday. Jack, I'm sorry. For everything from before. I should've been there for you. Should've protected you. But I couldn't. And because I couldn't, I forgot what we had. I feel so bad. I miss you."

I looked at Jack, and he was just looking down at the ground, saying nothing. I looked down, tears started to form in my eyes. I then remembered I was wearing Jack's hoodie. I started to take it off to give it back, when something stopped me. I looked up to see Jack.

"Keep it on. It looks better on you."

Then, he hugs me. I hug him back even tighter.

"Don't cry Mark. I miss you too."

I smiled so much, and I buried my face in his neck. We stayed like that for a long time. Then, we pulled apart. That's when I spoke up.

"So, does this mean we're back together?"

Jack chuckled and smiled at me.

"Of course it does ya doof."

We spent the rest of the day cuddled up in Jack's bed, watching movies.

A/N A longer chapter for you guys this time. I stayed up for three hours writing it, and I'm pretty proud of it. I'm sure this makes a lot of you really happy, I know it does me ^-^ Anyways, stay awesome everyone :)