Chapter 16- Leave Me Alone

Mark's POV

When I got in the house, I knew what I needed to do. I set my things down and go straight to the bathroom. I was furious right now. I stormed  into the bathroom, slammed the door, and looked directly in the mirror, and there he was. His evil eyes and smirk.

"Hello Mark. You look mad. Something wrong?" He says, smirking.

"You know damn well what's wrong! Why did you do that?! I told you not to hurt him!"

"I didn't touch him Mark, he did that on his own; therefore, I didn't hurt him. But why you ask? I'm done with him. I don't need him anymore." Dark says as he crosses his arms, still smirking.

"You're done with him!? He's MY boyfriend, and I'M not done with him and never will be, because, unlike you, I'm not using him for 'needs'! And you did hurt him. You hurt him emotionally, and that's worse." I'm steamed up now, I've clenched my hands into fists.

"So what if I hurt him emotionally? I don't care."

"Well I do care! You almost made me lose him!"

"So? At least I'd still have you," he said, laughing.

"I wish you wouldn't." I said coldly.

"We'll be together forever Mark. You can never get rid of me, no matter how hard you try. There's nothing you can do to exterminate me." He laughed maniacally.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He disappeared back into the mirror, and I couldn't hold in my rage any longer. I punched the wall I hard as I could. I look down at my hand and I saw it's started bleeding. I must've re-opened my other wound. Great. I get under the cabinets and grab the bandages. I wash my hand off then wrap it up. Then Dark starts to speak in my head.

"You shouldn't bother with that pathetic little Irishman. What's the point?"

"He's not pathetic, he's my boyfriend and I love him." I say out loud.

"I don't understand why. He's nothing."

"Stop."

"You need someone better than him."

"Stop!"

"He's not good enough. He never will be."

"STOP!"

I slide down the wall and sit on the floor, placing my hands on the sides of my head, hoping I can make him stop talking. I rock back and forth trying to get him out of my head. I just keep repeating stop over and over until I finally can't hear his voice anymore. I start to cry. I sit there and cry for about two minutes, then I stand back up. I have to protect Jack. I have to make sure Dark doesn't hurt him again. If he does, I can't stand to think about what might happen.

I leave the bathroom and sit on the couch to wait for Jack. It's been about ten minutes already, and he's still not in the house. He wanted all of those fifteen minutes to himself. I don't really blame him. He needs his time to think. I turn on the TV and begin to watch How I Met Your Mother. After five minutes, I finally heard the door open.

A/N Another chapter for you guys, yay! Hope this one is just as good. Not sure how much longer Dark will be in the story, but it might not be very much longer. There is still at least one more scene I want him for. I wasn't really planning on having him through the whole story in the first place, just for a little while, but he's kinda grown on me... Anyway, stay awesome everyone :)