38

4 weeks later

Ameenah

"Long time no speak hoe" Mikayla said as I face timed her.

"I know I'm sorry bro, I've been going through so much"

"What happened? When you plan on coming back?" She asked.

"I don't, I really like it here but I'll visit for winter break. I'm getting a little job out here working for my grandmas friend from church" I said excitedly.

"You're excited about having a job, what have they done to you" she joked.

"I don't know but what's been going on since I've been gone"

"Giiirllll lemme tell you, Portia was caught fucking Mr.Eddy and she's pregnant" Mikayla revealed causing me to make a face.

"Mr.Eddy is like 50, that's trifling" I shook my head.

"Mhmmm and Felani dropped out to go pursue some singing career. She's sounds a hot ass mess but her parents throw money at anything she wants to do to keep her from bothering them" she shrugged.

"Felani ? She can't even hum a melody, I'm done" I laughed.

"I know but what's going on with you and your boo" she said while sticking her tongue out.

"Nothing" I simply answered.

"That boring ass reply, what you not feeling him?" she made a face.

"No not really" I replied. Jesse had been getting on my nerves for the past week. It seems like we're on good terms every other week. He decided he didn't like Dontavian and basically demanded I stop hanging out with him. He found out I was working on my project at his house and went crazy. We had a project to work on, he was acting like I was just chilling at his house. We only stayed outside on the basketball court recording then I left.

"Rewind y'all just made up from some other bs just two weeks ago" she scrunched up her face in confusion.

"Yeah I know--" I began to tell her what was going on but someone knocked on my door. I told them to come in and Mama Nita walked in.

"Ameenah come downstairs we having a meeting" she said before turning around and leaving.

"Just call me back later boo" Mikayla said.

"Yeah I will, I'll call you back later on tonight boop" I smiled before making some goofy faces then I hung up. I got up and left my to heading downstairs to the dining room where everyone was seated.

I sat down next to Ahmeer and gave him a look because this is my first time seeing him in a while. Toni looked like she was in her own world staring into space. Symone was on her phone already bored with the meeting that hadn't start yet.

"What do we need a meeting for Grandma?" Symone asked.

"I'm calling a meeting to get y'all under control and aware of my rules before I beat y'all asses" Mama Nita responded making her roll her eyes. I watched as Mama Nita rolled up the paper in her hand and smacked Symone with it. Symone looked as if she wanted to do something but I know she wouldn't try it.

"This is one of the things I'm talking about, them attitudes y'all got need to disappear when y'all come around me. Symone you been strolling in here past curfew like you done lost your mind. Ahmeer I know you grown but you living in my damn house so you don't just go off and leave without telling me anything. Ameenah you and that damn boy need to slow y'all asses down. I'm tired of you sneaking his ass out of here like I don't see his yella ass walking out." She read all of us, I put my head down.