Chapter 2

Riley's pov:

The game is finally over. I remember that I still have a homework to do. I plugged my phone into the charger and start doing my biology homework.

I tried to focused on my homework, but my mind keep swarming to Maya. I know that something's up with Maya. I could see it in her eyes that she cried. And I know that Josh has something to do with this.

I was all finished as I packed up my bag for tomorrow's school.

I sat down on the bay window and thought hard. What could Josh possibly said to Maya that hurt her so much? What could Josh possibly do to Maya that made her cry? Cause for what I know is Maya never cried. She's so strong, she wouldn't let anyone see her cry.

As I space out in my thoughts, I heard somebody come into my room. I lift my head and see Josh.

"Hey Riles, have you seen my-" He stopped when he looked at me. "You okay? You only sit at the bay window alone if something's wrong"

"What did you do to Maya?" I asked him, seriously.

"Look I have to do it okay, she needs to accept the fact that she's three years younger than me"

"Wow" I shook my head in disbelief. "You know what? One day you're going to see her holding hands with someone who took your chance-"

"Riley stop" He tried to stop me, but I keep going.

"And she won't even notice you because she's too busy laughing with the stupid jokes he makes-"

"Riley..."

"And it will burn your heart seeing that beautiful smile on her face and realizing that you're not the reason anymore-"

"Riley, please stop"

"And then it will finally hit you: it was her, it was always her" I stopped and I looked at his eyes which are filled with hurt.

"I'm sorry" He said, looking to the ground.

"Tell that to Maya" I said and he walked away to his room.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I went to the fridge and poured myself a cup of orange juice. Everyone is sleeping, so I have to keep quite. I went to the dining table and sat down.

"Hey"

"Oh my god!" I mumbled, jumping when I heard the low voice behind me. "Lucas you scared the heck outta me!"

"What's with the bunny pajamas?" He laughed and I give him death glares. "Yikes. Sorry"

"Ugh!" I groaned.

"What's up with you?" He raised his eyebrow

"I don't know" I sighed. "Something's wrong with Maya, but I don't know what"

"Huh?" He asked, completely confused.

"I know that something happened between Maya and Josh" I tell him.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, confused.

"I don't know" He looked at me with a confused expression. "All I know is that Josh said something to Maya and then she cried"

"She what?!" His eyes widen. "I'm gonna kill him!" He start walking to Josh's room, but I stopped him.

"You are not going to kill anyone" I tell him. "Now go back to sleep"

"Ugh! Yes mom" He rolled his eyes and walked to his room.