Chapter 19

Maya's pov:

Mr Mendes assigned us our seats on the bus. Not that anyone really followed them. Once I got on the bus, I noticed that Josh, Lucas and Bradley were sitting alone, and the only seats left are next to them. Okay, let's see.. My ex boyfriend who cheated on me, my other ex boyfriend who just told me that he still loves me, or the guy who keeps on breaking my heart? Yeah, I think I'm just gonna go with Lucas.

"Suck it up Maya, it's only a few minutes to the Golden Gate" I whispered to myself.

"Mind if I sit here?" I asks him and he simply nod.

And then he just stay quiet and looked at the window. I hate how we just sit here in silence. We used to talk for hours.

"Hey Maya?" He said, breaking the silence. But he still trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yeah?" I response.

"Look.. About what I said.. Can we just pretend like it never happened?" He said, not able to look me in the eyes.

"What? How can we just pretend like it never happen?" I said to him.

"Because it doesn't matter" He said to me back.

"What you feel matter, Lucas" I tell him.

"I just don't want anything to change between us" He admitted.

"Nothing will change Lucas. You will always be important to me" I assured him.

"So what now?" He asked me.

"I have to decide on how ever way I love you and how ever way I love Josh" I said to him.

"Wait, you're seriously going to choose between me and him?" He asked.

"Well yeah-"

"Maya isn't it obvious? You will choose Josh! You will always choose Josh! You know why? It's because you love him! You only dated me because you thought you liked me. But no.. You don't.. Josh is the only guy you love"

"What, you're just gonna tell me how I feel?" I said, raising my eyebrows. "I know my feelings, Lucas"

"Do you really?" He coldly asked and suddenly the bus stopped.

"Alright kids, we have finally arrived at the Golden Gate. Make sure you guys didn't leave your stuff here" We heard Mr Mendes said through the speaker.

Lucas quickly stood up and walked away. I froze there for a couple of seconds, until I felt Josh's eyes on me. He heard the whole thing didn't he?

I grab all of my stuff and walked out of the bus. I saw Riley taking some pictures there with Farkle, so I quickly walked over to them.

"Guys, I think I've made my choice" I said to them.

"Wait, what?" She said, looking very confused.

"I choose Josh" I tell them.

"Wait, what?" Riley still looking very confused.

"I mean, isn't it obvious? He keeps on breaking my heart, but yet I'm still here loving him. He keeps on leaving, but I stayed because I am completely in love with him"

"Maya you need to think about this before you choose. This decision could change who we all are together" Farkle tells me.

"Yeah.. But Lucas is right-"

"Wait, you already talked to Lucas about this haven't you?" Farkle asked me and I simply nodded. "And he told you to pick Josh.."

"Yeah.. And it make sense if I choose Josh-"

"But love doesn't make sense Maya" He said cutting me off. "And this is your choice to make not Lucas's"

"And I choose Josh, Farkle. I will always choose Josh. Since the first time I saw him I know that there is something special between us. It's always been Josh, guys. It's always been Josh since day 1" I told her and quickly walked away.

"Maya wait-" I heard Riley called me but I keep walking. I tried to find Josh everywhere but I didn't found him.

"Hey have you seen Josh?" I asked one of my classmates. His name is Yogi.

"I think I saw him over there with Mr Matthews" He answered.

And I saw him, but he wasn't with Mr Matthews, he was standing there, leaning to the wall, alone. I ran over to where he is standing, and I crashed my lips into his. He was surprised at first, but then he kissed back. But you what's weird? I didn't feel any sparks or fireworks.

"I choose you Josh" I tell him. "And I really want you to choose me"

"I do" His eyes crashing into my eyes. "I always did"

He place his hands on my cheeks and put his lips on mine. I kissed him back, hoping that there's some sparks this time. But no.. I felt nothing.

"I love you Maya" He told me.

"I love you too Josh" I said. But something inside just don't feel right.

Which team are you on?? Team Lucas or Team Josh??