Chapter 21

Maya's pov:

It's been a few months since the field trip to San Fransisco. We're all back in New York.

It's Saturday today, so I wake up late. It is currently 9.30, and I woke up to see Riley still sleeping next to me. Yes, we have a sleepover last night.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I went to the kitchen to see Lucas eating breakfast alone.

"Hey Lucas" I said. It's weird calling him Lucas. I miss calling him Ranger Rick, Huckleberry, Bucky Mcboingboing, or Cowboy.

"Hi" He said as he stood up and walk away to his room.

And so there goes another day without talking to Lucas. It felt awful! We haven't talk to each other since what happened in San Fransisco. I miss him a lot. I wanted to talk to him, but it would just be so awkward.

"Morning" Josh came running in and sat down next to me to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey" I said, smiling at him.

"Hey do you have any plans for today?" He asked. "I was wondering if you want to hang out or something"

"Sure" I replied. "I need to buy Riley a present anyway"

"Oh shoot! I forgot that Riley's birthday is in a few days" He said as his eyes widened.

"How could you forgot? She have been talking about it non stop"

"Maybe I'm too busy staring at you when she was talking" He smirked and my cheeks started to heat up and turn red.

"So what time are we leaving?" I asked him.

"Just be ready at 10" He said and grab a granola bar and then walked away to his room.

I hurriedly finish my breakfast and walked back to Riley's room to see that she's awake.

"Hey Maya do you have any plans for today?" She asked me.

"Yeah, me and Josh are gonna hang out. Sorry" I said and her smile turned to a frown.

"No it's fine. I'm just gonna watch Riverdale ALONE" She said as I rolled my eyes at what she said.

"Well how about I call Cheryl's grandma to keep you company" I teased her.

"MAYA!" She shouts as she throws a pillow at me. "You know that she scares the shit out of me!"

I just rolled my eyes and grab a towel to take a shower.

After my long nice shower, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I grab an outfit that I left in Riley's room the last time we had a sleepover. It was a high wasted jeans, a cropped white t shirt, and a pink bomber jacket.

I grab my white adidas and went outside to see Josh sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah, let's go"

Josh holds my hand and led me to his car. He opened the door for me, acting like a gentleman.