Chapter 8

Maya's pov:

Tonight's the night. It's the Semi Formal. It's not a big deal for me, but for Riley it is. We both decided to met up at her place.

"Maya! You're here!" Riley said as I walked through the bay window.

"Now, will you please explain to me why do I have to come to your place this early?" I crossed my arms.

"Maya, it's the Semi Formal. We have to get ready" Riley responded.

"Okay, I had no idea on why we had to get ready this early. Just slip on the dress and doing your hair and make up wouldn't take more than 20 minutes"

"Are you serious Maya? It's the Semi Formal! The dance that determines the rest of your life!" Riley overreacted and I just rolled my eyes in response.

We walked over to Riley's closet and take our dresses. Riley ran to the bath room with the dress to try it on.

A few minutes later, Riley come out, walking and posing like a model. I clapped at the sight of Riley.

"You look awesome!" I squealed and Riley did a twirl, giving me a good 360 degree look on her dress.

"Now go try on yours Maya!" Riley said excitedly.

I walked to the bathroom and slipped on my dress. I stared at the tall mirror, speechless.

I walked outside and Riley's jaws completely dropped. I turned in circles and watched it flow.

"Maya!!! You look beautiful!!!" Riley squealed excitedly and I just chuckled at what she said.

We both walked to the bathroom and start doing our hair and make up. For my hair, I just did a half up do for my hair and Riley just curled her hair like normal.

 For my hair, I just did a half up do for my hair and Riley just curled her hair like normal

"What do you think??" I twirled around and posed like a model

"Oh Maya! You look absolutely beautiful!" Riley said caressing my cheek.