Chapter 6

Maya's pov:

"Sup Matthews!" I smiled as I walked into the Matthews's apartment.

"Ugh!" Riley groaned.

"What's up with you?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Farkle haven't ask her to the Semi Formal yet" Lucas answered me.

"It's this weekend Maya, and Farkle hasn't asked me to the Semi Formal" She whined.

"Dang... You got a problem" I smirked at her and she rolled her eyes in response.

"Morning Family!" Josh yelled as he walked towards the dining table and sat down next to me.

"Morning" We all said in unison.

Then we eat our breakfast without saying a word. I hate how awkward this situation is. We used to talk a lot and tell each other everything.

"Hey Maya" Lucas said breaking the silence.

"Hmm??"

"What's going on between you and Bradley?" He asked and Josh's eyes quickly turned to me.

"What do you mean?? Nothing's going on between us" I answered, confusedly.

"Really?? He posted a new picture on Instagram with you" Lucas said as he show me his phone.

@Bradleysperry : She's so small 😂

"Oh my god!! Bradley totally likes you!!!" Riley squealed.

"The caption is really rude" I rolled my eyes.

"Who cares about the caption Maya. He totally likes you." Lucas said.

"Bradley and Maya sitting on the tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Riley sang and Lucas laughed.

And suddenly, Josh slams the table and walked away just like that. What the fuck is wrong with him.

"Oooohhh.... Someone's jealous" Riley and Lucas chuckled.

"Whatever, let's go. We'll be late for school" I tell them and they quickly stood up and walked out of the door. We got in Lucas's car and he started driving to school.

We had our usual talks and soon we were at school. We all got out of Lucas's car and we walked inside.

Lucas walk off to his class while me and Riley walked towards our locker. I watched Bradley came closer to us.

"Hey guys. How's it going?" He asked and opened his locker that was next to mine.

"Ugh!! Why is everyone asking me that?! I get it! I will be a dateless weirdo at the dance tomorrow!" Riley groaned. Everyone looked at Riley weirdly.

"What's wrong with her?" Bradley asked, confusedly.

"Farkle haven't asked her to the Semi Formal yet" I replied.

"Can you stop saying that! I get it okay! You both will get married and have 2 kids named Xander and Emma, while I will be a lonely woman living with 12 cats!" Riley groaned.

"I know you since we were 5 and I still don't understand what's wrong with you" I said and Bradley laughed while Riley gave us a death glare.

"So what about you Maya? You have a date to the dance?" He asked me while looking deeply into my crystal blue eyes.

"No, why?"

"Well...." He let out his hands from his pocket to hold my hands. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me"

"I'd love to go to the dance with you Bradley" I replied and gave him a tight hug.

"Ugh! You guys are disgusting!" Riley rolled her eyes.

"You're just jealous cause you'll be a dateless weirdo at the dance" I teased her.

"Shut up!" She slammed her locker so hard and walked away.

"Woah, she's nasty when she's mad" Bradley chuckled.

"So what class do you have now?" I asked him.

"I have english, what about you?"

"Same, let's go" I said and we shut our locker.

We both started walking side by side to our class, english. Everyone went out of the way as we walked down the hallway.

We both walked inside the classroom to see everyone sitting in their usual seats. A few minutes later, the teacher, Harper, walked into the classroom.

"Good morning Class, today we'll be talking about 'How to Kill a Mocking Bird'" Harper started the lesson.

The rest of the class was super boring. I almost fall asleep. Ugh! Why do we have to go to school?!

Soon the bell rang and everyone got up and walked out the room. I picked up my books and put it in my backpack before walking put of the room with Bradley.

"Ugh!! I can't believe Harper gave us a homework!" I complained to Bradley.

"She only wanted us to read the book Maya" He chuckled.

"It's too much" I whined and he rolled his eyes.

We continued to talk about random things as we walked up to the cafeteria.

"After you m'lady" Bradley said. I rolled my eyes playfully and walked in the line.

We got our food and paid before heading to the table that had Lucas, Riley and Farkle. I sat next to Lucas and Bradley sat in front of me.

"Hey Ranger Rick" I said and ruffled his hair.

"Hey! I was having a good hair day!" He said while fixing his hair.

"Well now you don't" I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey Maya, let's go find our dresses for the dance tomorrow!" Riley said, excitedly.

"Sure, but I thought you're not going since you don't want to be alone at the dance"

"Well turns out that Farkle assumed that we were already going together" Riley gave Farkle a death glare.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I should've asked you" Farkle said, clearly annoyed.

"Okay, then I guess I'll see you guys after school" I said and I quickly walked to my next class.