Chapter 23

Lucas's pov:

Here I am talking to an amazing girl, but I was miserable! Because less than twenty feet away from me was Maya. My Maya! With Joshua Matthews! They're dancing! Acting like Romeo and Juliet. Ugh! it makes me sick!

"So since my friends works part time at Mc Donalds, sometimes she likes to give us free meals. I know she's not supposed to do that, but at least I got a free Big Mac" Paris said, laughing.

"Yeah, haha" I said, faking a laugh. I still can't take my eyes off of Maya.

"You okay?" She asked, looking to my eyes, really concerned. Any guy would kill for that. I mean she's beautiful and she's into me, but I'm too busy still hoping that Maya would come back into my arms. Even tho I know that's impossible.

"Ya, I'm fine" I said, faking a smile.

"You sure?" She asked, making sure.

"Positive" I answered, smiling at her.

"So.. I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime.. Like on a date" She asked me nervously. To be honest I don't know what I should do. I mean.. I guess it's time to move on, right?

"Yeah, sure" I answered.

"Great. How about Friday?" She asked again.

"Sounds great. I'll pick you up at seven"

And then, Maya's crystal blue eyes crashed into my eyes. And in that moment I've realized.. I shouldn't have said yes.

Maya's pov:

It has been a few days after Riley's sweet 16. It is currently 2 am, and I'm still wide awake.

"Hey Riles" I whisper at her. "What would you do if you're in love with two people at the same time?" I asked her and she snores in response.

"Thanks a lot for helping me" I said, sarcastically.

I let out a sigh and stood up. I went to the fridge and poured myself a cup of orange juice. Everyone is sleeping, so I have to keep quite. I went to the dining table and sat down.

"Hey" I heard someone said. I look up and saw his gorgeous green eyes.

"Hi" I said

I quickly stood up to walk back to Riley's room, until I heard him say, "wait"

"Oh, so you're talking to me now?" I said, looking back at him.

"I'm sorry.. that I avoided you" He sighed. "I just needed some time to.. you know.. move on?"

"Oh" I said, looking down. I was hurt to know that he moved on now. That he found someone better.

"So I heard that you and Paris are.. You know.. A thing?" I awkwardly asked him.

"Yeah" He said as he runs his fingers through his hair. "She asked me out on Riley's sweet 16"

"Oh" I said, faking a smile. "Congratulation"

"I'm sorry that I made things awkward between us" He apologizes.

"I'm just glad that we're friends again" I said, truthfully.

"Yeah" He response. "Not talking to you sucks" He said and I chuckled in response.

"I miss you" I tell him, truthfully.

"Me too" He said, looking deeply into my crystal blue eyes.

"Nothing's going to change between us right? We will always be there for each other right?" I asked him.

"No matter what happens, I will always love you Maya" He said.

And that is it. That is the moment I realized I am in love with him.