The Abuse.

JA18: Alright guys, this is the last time I'm gonna change the cover. I PROMISE.

Jack had kept his promise about walking me to school. He even helped me with my trigonometry homework. Jack scared his biggest secret with me, and I wasn't really surprised when he told me that he was the son of a pirate. He told me that his father had taught him trigonometry when he was younger. I remember one night while Father was at work late, I was laying in my bed thinking of Jack. The same thoughts about him were wandering through my head every night. Then I hear a knock on my window above my headboard. I looked up and see Jack. I gasp and jump up, getting on my knees. I opened the window and moved back for Jack to climb in. "Jack what are you doing here?" I asked him. He closed the window and said, "I couldn't take it anymore, Brooke." He got out of my bed and stood in front of me. "Brooke, I need ye to help me." I nodded and said, "Why? What's wrong?" He sighed and said, "What I'm about to show ye, ye can't tell anyone. Understood?" I nodded and said, "Yes I promise." Jack lit the bedside candle and started to unbutton his waistcoat slowly. My heart started racing when he threw it on the floor and began to work on his shirt. My back was pressed against the wall and I hugged my knees. He slid his white shirt off and I saw blood on it. He turned around and that's when I saw freshly opened whipped marks opened. I put my hand to my mouth and I said, "Jack, what happened?" He turned back around, facing me. "I got into a fight with a deckhand and the captain lashed me. It's not the first time it's happened." I stood up and took  his hand. "Come here with me to the washroom." We went into the wash room and I saw how bad his wounds were in the brighter light. I poured the medicine onto a dark wash cloth so that Father wouldn't find a blood stain. "This may sting a little." I gently put the cloth onto the his back and he hissed. "I'm so sorry, Jack. I didn't mean to hurt you." I looked at his face in the mirror and he looked at mine. "It's fine, darling. Just get it clean." I nodded and slowly but gently traced the wounds with the cloth. The were vertical, diagonal, horizontal. Some were even over one another. When I was done Jack sat up and said, "Thank ye." He leaned down and kissed my cheek. My heart leapt and I took Jack back to my room. I climbed into bed and got under the covers. "Brooke, can I...sleep here tonight." My heart wouldn't stop racing. "Yes you may." Jack smiled and slowly climbed into bed with me. I rested my head against his shoulder and I heard him say, "I love ye, Brooke." My eyes widened and I smiled. I kissed his bicep and said, "I love you too, Jack." I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

JA18: Hey guys! I hope that you liked this chapter. Please comment and vote. :)