The News

The Next Day

Jack and I were once again walking through a town called Lexington. I was sore everywhere, but I had to see a midwife. I had to find out the truth. Finally we found a small shack where the midwife was and I knocked on the door. The door opened and a short woman stood in the doorway. "Good afternoon. How may I help you, darling?" We walked inside and I told her the story. When I finished she said, "Dear Lord. Come with me. Mr. Sparrow, you stay here." Jack nodded and gave me a quick kiss before I headed into the back room.

Jack's P.O.V

I waited in the so called waiting room of the small shack. There were no chairs, so I stood and paced back and forth. I was nervous to here the news, and I was nervous about being a father. It took at least nearly an hour before I was finally asked to come into the room. I saw Brooke's pale face and I knew that there was something wrong. "I'll leave you two alone." The midwife left and I looked down at Brooke on the table. "Darling, what's wrong?" I asked her. She looked at me and said, "We did loose a baby." My heart dropped and I took her soft delicate hand in my rough one. "Oh love. I'm sorry." Then I thought about it. "Wait, a baby?" She nodded. "Jack, I'm pregnant. With twins."