Love at First Sight.

I had just turned fifteen when Jack moved to the little town on the Cayman Islands. I was living with my father in a mansion just like the one Jack moved into. The mansion was in front of ours, and was one of the biggest estates in the town. I always knew that one day someone would move in, and I was thrilled when that day finally came. Father and I walked next door to visit our new neighbors. "Now Brooklyn be on your best behaviour." "Yes, sir." We walked up to the estate and my father knocked on the door. I looked over at my father and he was smiling at me. Then the door opened and a woman answered the door. "Good evening. My name is Mrs. Sparrow. Please come in." Father and I walked in and I was amazed at how massive it was. Then I heard foot steps coming down the staircase and a large man appeared at the top. "Teague, the neighbors are here." He was dressed just like a pirate, but I don't think that my father ever noticed that night. "Sorry, darling. Jacky was needin me help with somethin." The man walked down the stairs and to my father. He shook his hand and I asked Mrs. Sparrow, "Who's Jacky." She laughed and said, "Jack is our son. He's upstairs if you would like to see him." I nodded and she gave me directions on where the location of his room was. I stepped up the stairs and took a right like I was told. There was a long hallway that stopped at a window. I finally found a door that had a skull and crossbones on it, which scared me to death. I knocked on the door and I heard a deep voice, "What!?" "Can I come in?" I heard footsteps coming towards the door and opened it. A boy a little bit older than I was stood in front of me clad in trousers and boots. He was tying a red bandana around his forehead while saying, "Who are ye?" I gazed into his dark brown eyes and I said, "I'm Brooklyn, but you can call me Brooke." I smiled politely and he said, "I'm Jack. Are ye the girl next door?" I nodded and he smiled. "How old are ye love?" "I'm fifteen. How old are you?" He smiled and I saw a gold tooth. I gasped a little and he said, "I'm seventeen. When I'm eighteen, I'm gonna leave this place." He invited me into his room, which was filthy. I looked at him puzzled and I said, "But you just got here." He smiled and said, "That's the point. I'm here because I am closer to freedom. I'm practically using this place." He turned around and I gasped when I saw whip marks on his back. I also noticed that his dark hair was to his shoulders. He put on a white button up shirt, and faced me. "Let's go downstairs and talk. I don't want Consuela thinking that we're doing other things up here." We went down stairs and I didn't realize until later that night that I had fallen for Jack in just that small conversation. It was love at first sight.

JA18: HI GUYS! I can't fathom on how well this story is going! 21 reads and 5 comments already! I'm glad that you guys like this story and I have treated you to the second chapter. Enjoy and comment. :D