Chapter 16~ Lost Of A Friend

( Miyuki p.o.v)

"Miyuki-san, look at that shooting star!!!" Shizuka said as she pointed to the night sky as I smiled and said "Quick, let's make a wish" she held my hand and said "It already came true, to be here with such a gentle person"

I smiled down at her and I said "I pray to the heavens, that I can forever be with Shizuka and the others" I closed my eyes as I wished for this, Shizuka sat down as I followed behind. She looked up at the sky and said "Thank you, for showing me that such beauty exist in this world. Now I know that not everything is disgusting, I hope to see this beauty with you forever" I smiled at her as I held my pinky up to her.

"What's this?" She questioned with curiosity as I giggled and said "It's a pinky promise, we humans do it to keep a vow" she looked amused and nodded for me to go on. "I promise, that no matter what I'll protect you and everyone so we can be together. I promise" I said and gave her a closed eyed smile as I felt her wrap her pinky around mine. "That's a promise" I said and she smiled at me with happiness.

I snuggled closer into the pillow as I recalled that memory before the ball. Tears welled up in my eyes as sadness and regret washed over me again. I broke my promise, I couldn't protect her. I'm so weak and know one of my friends are dead, if only I was stronger.

There was a knock on the door before it opened and brunette popped her head. She gave me a small smile before walking in as she held something behind her back. I wiped my tears quickly and smiled for her, she layed down next to me as she looked at me and smiled. "Onee-chan, you know you don't have to pretend to be happy. It doesn't matter because we'll always be together" she said and gave my hand a light squeeze. I looked away from her gaze as she pulled me closer her to her.

"I love you, onee-chan. So when your sad it makes me feel bad, that's why I'll be here through the ride to make sure you get better. Don't ever forget that I'm here for you" she said and hugged me as my eyes glazed with tears as I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her. "Cry, I won't judge you. You where always there for me now I'll be here for you, for once let me help you. I always want to be with you, so don't push me away" She said as I breathed in harshly as I sobbed into her shoulder as the tears I was holding back flowed freely like a river. Yuki tightened her grip as I kept holding onto her afraid that I'd lose her too.

"I'm so sorry....... I-I... couldn't protect..you, I failed to k-keep our promise. I'M SO SORRY" I cried out as my cries became more silent, until they slowly stopped. I sniffled as Yuki let go and gave me a smile and said "Now you can be Rudolph" I laughed silently at her joke. "Thank you. I'm so happy to call you my little sister, I love you, imouto-chan" I said almost to silently.

Yuki smiled as she said "I hope I made your day better, but I still have one more thing to try and make it better" I looked at her curiously as she gave me a small box black box with a white ribbon, I opened it and I note was there,but I chose to read it later. My eyes widened as I looked down at the beautiful necklace.

It's was a sliver locket but once you open it inside its had crystals and in the center is like a tiny computer that switches between pictures. A picture of me and Shizuka looking up at the sky smiling, tears welled my tears but then I asked "How did you get this picture?" Yuki scratched her neck nervously as she said "I may have taken it behind a tree, anyway did you like it. We all thought about it" I smiled to myself and said "I love it, I'll treasure it forever. Thank you"

She smiled as she helped me put it on, I stumbled forward as Yuki catched me and said "Onee-chan, I don't want to be a mother but go to sleep. You haven't slept in days" I layed down as I said "Yes, mom" we both giggled as she kissed my forehead and said "I'm happy your better, I love you, Miyuki Onee-chan" I smiled as my vision got blurry.

"I...you all so much" I said before I closed my eyes as I heard a faint voice, Shizuka. ' As long as you remember me, you are not alone'