Chapter Sixteen

Arizona

When I wake up, the bed is strangely cold. I turn to face Calliope, but I gasp when I see that
she's not there.
Panic begins to build in my stomach.
I switch the lamp by my bedside on. It was 8:34 AM, and my room was empty.
"Callie." I whimper, hugging my arms to my chest.
"Good morning Sunshine!" I hear from the door.
I smile faintly. "Hey Mark."
He grins at me. "I'm so proud of you. You're doing great! You can leave in two days. I was going to be in charge of you, but your papers say that Callie is to take care of you, so whatever."
He brings a Starbucks cup over to me. "Apple cinnamon spice. Apple cider if we're honest." He then takes out a Krispy Kreme doughnut. "Glazed, just like you like."
Handing me my breakfast, he sits on the edge of the bed, resting on the back board, stretching his legs out so that his feet are by my hip bone.
I sit the bed up, and fluff the pillows behind me.
He drinks his black coffee and dips his own glazed doughnut in it.
"Callie?" I ask him.
He looks up at me of shock. "Why?"
I shrug.
He smiles. "She went to New York." My smile fades. "To go get her stuff from Penny's apartment and ship it here. And also to get Sofia. She'll be here by tomorrow morning."
I nod happily. He leans in and kisses my forehead.
"You're getting your happy ending, Blondie. You deserve it."
A small frown slowly bleeds on my face.
"What?" He asks.
"I-I told her how I felt about her - and she hasn't even brought it u-up." Stuttering, tears begin to flow. "She doesn't love me anymore."
He shakes his head. "Open your eyes, Blondie. She saw you go to the bathroom in Red Robin. She immediately knew something was wrong. I convinced her that you were fine. After twenty minutes, she went after you because she was worried. She loves you, Robbins."
I shake my head slowly. "No, Mark."