Chapter 30

Calliope
Four Months Later

"Have you gotten any more videos?" Detective Devin asks.
I nod my head slowly, keeping my eyes on my untouched food.
"Phone." He says.
I slide my phone to his side of the table slowly, and he picks it up, looking at the videos of Arizona being tortured I got today.
Hearing her screams and cries, I put my head in my hands, beginning to cry.
He sets the phone down.
"I'm so sorry, Callie. We have no leads." He says.
I chuckle. "You've been saying that for seven months, Detective."
"Have faith. If Arizona is still alive after all they do to her, that means she's forcing her body to live. She's staying alive. She's staying alive for you."
I shake my head. "This is my wife. Not some Alex Kendrick movie. This isn't a drama show, this is no documentary! THIS IS REAL LIFE! This is me. This is Arizona. Don't make it sound Romantic. It's not."
I snatch up my phone and swing my purse over my shoulder.
I looked rough.
I haven't taken a shower in three days, I haven't slept in 72 hours, there were bags under my eyes so dark I looked like Gandalf. My hair wasn't brushed, and I was wearing sweats and a cami. I also went from my curvy whopping 186 pounds to 142 pounds.
I wasn't doing so well.
I'm about to walk across the street to my car when I hear my ringtone go off.
"Callie Torres." I shout, answering it.
Crackle
"Good afternoon, Callie."
Says a woman. I don't know her voice. She sounded were straight forward. She wanted something.
"Who is this?"
She chuckles. "You tell me."
After a couple of moments and the sound of chaos, I hear it.
I hear her.
"Calliope?"
Her voice is so soft, so broken, so vulnerable.
Immediately, I recognize the voice.
"Arizona? Arizona, honey! Az, I'm going to find you -"
After some rustling, there's another voice. "Times up, Torres. You'll never find her. Talk to ya tomorrow, Toots!"