Chapter Twenty One

Calliope
Two Weeks Later

"Socks?"
"Got it."
"Three tops?"
"Got it got it got it."
"Two dresses?"
"Arizona!" I yell, grabbing her by the wrists. "I'm ready! Don't worry about me."
She chuckles, grinding her hips against mine. "I can't help it." She whimpers softly.
Biting my bottom lip I growl softly. "I have to go." I whimper. "The TED conference won't wait for me."
She rubs my neck softly with one hand, playing with my hair with the other. "You'll do great. And I'll be waiting for you to come home."
I grin at her. "It's two days. One night. And most people don't get one chance to go to the TED conference. This is my second."
She gets on her tip toes, wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her face in my neck, inhaling my scent.
"It'll be hard without you there." I whisper, snaking my arms around her waist too. "I'm going to get nervous."
She presses her lips against my neck, nuzzling her forehead into my collar bone. "I'll call you right before you go on stage and right after. If I don't call you, then you call me. Right before and right after. Okay? You'll be amazing."
She grabs my face, making me have eye contact with her.
"You. Are. Amazing."
A car outside honks.
"That's the Taxi." I say, picking up my suitcase. "It's taking me to the airport."
I begin to walk out, before dropping my suitcase and running back to my beautiful girl, embracing her in a hug and kissing her passionately on the lips. "You'll be okay?" I ask.
She chuckles. "Don't worry about me."
"Mkay." I say. "I love you, mi amore."
"I love you too, Calliope." Arizona says.
I head back to the door, before turning around once more. "Call me before and after, or answer when I call you. Okay?"
She grins. "Promise."