Chapter Twenty-Five- Espressino

~Long time no see! I apologize for the very slow updates but they will come faster from now on. Thank you for the continuous support and I hope you enjoy this chapter :D Please don't forget to comment and vote, thank you.~

{Chapter Twenty-Five}

I sip the tea from in the nice teacup as Ester does the same. Let's just say, the drive to this cafe was quiet, very quiet. She didn't speak a word after telling me to get in the car.

Now,I sit in a high-end cafe, waiting nervously for her to start talking.  I rub my sweaty hands on my jeans and look around the cafe.  The tables are made of rich wood and the chairs are made of very soft cushions.  Cream walls with warm, brown accents surround the cafe as people, dressed in high quality,brand name clothes chat with smiles on their faces.  Ester and I are probably the only people who don't look cheerful as we sip our tea.

"You are one brave girl," Ester says with a blank expression, looking up from her tea.

"I don't understand what you mean by that," I smile politely.  Even though Ester is being cold, I know that her true intention is to protect Max.

"I didn't want to go this far but you are like a pest that you just can't get rid of," she hisses.  My smile slowly drops, lowering a little further with each word that leaves her mouth.

"What was the reason you wanted to see me?" I ask, wearing a blank expression like she did previously.

"Break up with Max or I will have your mother fired," Ester says looking back down at her tea.  My eyes widen as my hands start to shake.  Fire my mother?  Then what is going to happen to our family?

"Please, Ester," I feel tears start to pool in my eyes as the weight of the world seems to fall on my shoulders ,"I'm not a gold digger, I swear.  Please don't do this..."

"Then how do you explain this recording?" Ester swiftly pulls a recorder out of her bag and places it on the table between us. 

I look at her confused as I take it up and place the earphones into my ears.  My shaky hands click the play button.  As it begins to play, I recognize the conversation I had with Tesha and Meme about Max paying my debt.  However, there are parts that I never said but somehow sound like me.  My mouth drops in shock as I hear someone that sounds like me say:

"I have him wrapped around my little finger. I can get him to buy me whatever I want."

I quickly pull the device from my ears and look up at Ester, feeling confused and shocked," I never said that."

"So Max didn't pay your debt?" Ester questions.

"He did but I never asked him to, I even scold him for it.  I never said that I would use him for his money, I swear. You know I would never do that," I beg for her to believe me.

"How do you explain this recording then?"

"I don't know how that was said but I swear it's not me."

"You have three days-" she gets up to leave, ignoring my pleads causing me to get up shakily from my seat as well.

"Ester, I didn't-" I say.

"-to give me your answer", Ester turns to leave. 

I grab onto her arm before she can get too far," Please believe me.."