13: Eye of the Storm

This is the chapter that I have been planning in my head forever.

Even though it will seem like I've been planning for literally five seconds and everything will be a total disaster.

Crossing my fingers you guys won't be disappointed ... 🙏

Alright, let us begin.

🐾🐾🐾

Chat Noir crawled along the roof as Lady Lightning proudly stepped forward. The storm raged even stronger over Paris, even strong enough for large objects to hurtle through the air. Bricks hit people and they slumped to the ground, while many others, fleeing, were struck by lightning.

Lady Lightning seemed utterly invincible, but Chat knew what to do, even if he wasn't prepared to do it.

She reached out for his miraculous as he felt a spasm of pain come towards him. He barely had the strength even to slide across the floor like an aimless worm. Lady Lightning grabbed Chat, all of a sudden, and hurled her yo-yo out to the Eiffel Tower. It hooked on, and she pulled him up as they flew across Paris.

"I want everyone to see my victory!" She yelled, people staring, frozen, up at her in fright. They recognised she was Ladybug, but akumatised, as she was wearing her original suit, except it was blue with black dots and she had an icy cape flowing behind her. "Everyone to see that even the mighty Chat Noir can be defeated! And even that brat, Chloe," she remembered, clicking her fingers, and a bolt of lightning struck far away, and then directly opposite them. Chloe stumbled, appearing right in front of them.

"Oh, Chloe, that bully," Lady Lightning snorted. "You always get your way. Well guess what?! Not anymore!" She whipped her yo-yo around and tied Chloe up, hanging her on the edge of the Eiffel Tower.

"Don't ... Do this ... Ladybug ..." Chat murmured.

"For the last time, it's Lady Lightning!" She yelled. "And you, you stupid Kitty, can shut your mouth!" She reached out, for the last time, and pulled up his arm.

"After I take your ring ..." She froze for a moment, her eyes suddenly turning blue and her face becoming scared. "Chat, don't let her take your miraculous!" She yelled, before reverting back to her akumatised state.

Lady Lightning shook her head. "ARGH! That stupid girl is stronger than I thought!"

"She's Ladybug, what do you expect? She's spent her whole life fighting those akumas, don't you think she'd be able to deal with one?"

"Well, obviously not, since right now she's trapped in the tiniest corner of her heart!" She cackled. "And that's closing in! Well, anyway, I'd better stop talking and get to this." She clapped her hands and thousands of lightning strikes all appeared at once, forming a large crowd of people hanging around the Eiffel Tower, just like Chloe.

"Let's make this fun, shall we?" She sneered. "You can hand over your miraculous, or all of these people die. Do you want me to count, Kitty? Although I suppose it wouldn't really make a difference."

Chat Noir glared.

"Oops! That goes your first warning!" She laughed, and one person's rope untangled and he fell down the Tower, screaming as he went. "The amazing Chat Noir kills someone for his own safety! How does that make the headlines? Want to try that again? Want to kill every single person I've captured here? Then go ahead!"