18: A New Beginning

Marinette woke up with a start. Today was Monday. Why did today feel special? What had happened yesterday?

Of course. She had told Adrien that she was Ladybug. And now she was going to see him at school, today as well.

She got ready, put Tikki in her purse, and hurried off to school. She wasn't very tired, but refreshed, and got to class five minutes earlier, finding her seat next to Alya.

"Whew, I'm early!" Marinette smiled.

"You go, girl! That was amazing! You need to be earlier like this, more of the time," Alya chuckled. Rose was entering the class, and so was Ivan. Adrien looked back at Marinette and gave her a smile. She smiled back.

"What's going on with you two?" Alya whispered.

"Erm ..." Marinette struggled to think about what to say, "I guess, he, um, likes me now ...?"

Alya grinned. "That's great!" She laughed. "I can't believe it! After all these years ..."

The teacher walked into the class and began blabbering on about homework completion and tests, tests, and more tests. The day dragged on, and after the last period, they were finally free to go.

Marinette took a long, quiet route to go home, and that was when Tikki flew out of her purse. "Marinette," she said, "we have to go to Master Fu's place, now."

"Huh? Why?" Marinette asked.

"Just follow me, Marinette."

"Alright, but stay low. I can't let anyone see you."

"Don't worry, Marinette." Marinette followed Tikki back, past the school, through the town, and about five minutes later, they reached Master Fu's home. They entered the room to find Fu kneeling on the floor, looking up at them.

"Ah. I was expecting your arrival," he stated. "Marinette, how good to see you."

"You were the one who healed ..."

"Your kwami. Tikki."

"Wait - so you knew? And I suppose you know I'm Ladybug, too..."

"Yes, Marinette. I was the one who gave you the Ladybug miraculous, and I gave Adrien the Cat miraculous. So yes, I did know your true identities during this whole time."

"You - You gave me the miraculous!" Marinette gasped. "I remember - I saw you many times before, but I never really gave you any notice. Sometimes you watched me."

"Yes, that was me," Master Fu said.

"And you coordinated this whole thing? Everything that has just happened?"

"Well, I didn't make it happen, but I knew that something along those lines had to happen. And you have done well, Marinette."

Plagg, followed by Adrien, flew through the door.

"I see you are late again, Plagg," Master Fu said.

"Sorry master," Plagg sighed.

"That is alright. Please, take a seat, Adrien." Adrien sat down next to Marinette and Master Fu began to speak. "I feel that you have done well in your duties towards Paris."

"You ... You were the doctor who saved my life!" Adrien realised.

Marinette smiled. "And you were the healer who saved Tikki's life!"

"Tikki, and Plagg -" Master Fu gestured, "they have done so much to help you become successful people. And I believe that both of you have truly recognised the importance of a kwami. All of this time, they have been working hard to help you." Master Fu continued.