16: The Final Product

Marinette woke to once again, another sunny day. She rolled over and lay in for a few minutes before she realised that it was the day where the dress was completed.

She hurried out of bed and pulled her dress off the table. Honestly, she thought that it looked quite good, and that (most) of the group had made a good effort.

After having breakfast, she hurried to school excitedly. The group got together. Ivan was waving about a necklace that went well with the dress and Adrien had laid down his successful white gloves on the table. Marinette put down her dress and the group was ready.

Miss Bustier walked briskly into the classroom with another woman, and raised her hand to silence the class. "One of the girls in your group must wear the dress. I will give you ten minutes to add on the final products, and then Madame Bouchet here - "she gestured to the woman she had walked in with, "will then judge the outfits and whoever's group has the best outfit will win, and it will go on the front cover of the magazine 'Madame'!"

Marinette tensed.

"Your ten minutes will start now!"

The group quickly began working on the final pieces, stitching a few sequins around the edges, adding final touches, discussing things they might need to add, and soon enough, they had finished.

"Your time is up," Miss Bustier said, and everyone halted. Madame Bouchet smiled and said, "thank you all for your amazing work. I will start off with the group at the left, I believe."

Juleka swept her deep purple hair back and stood forward, presenting the dress. "Juleka," she briefly said. Madame Bouchet discerned the dress. It was all white with a red ribbon tied diagonally around the side, and long, baggy sleeves. It came down all the way to the ankles, and and was tight at the waistline.

"This is very impressive," she smiled, "I think it is a simple yet beautiful design!" She scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "Now I shall see the next group." 

Alya styled in front of Madame Bouchet. "Alya." It was more outgoing, with straps, and the end of the dress just above the knees. It was all black with a purple sash and sequins decorated along the outside. Along the outsides of the dress were patterns.

"Beautiful and modern," she nodded, writing a few more notes on her piece of paper. "I love it! Now for the last group."

Marinette stepped down the stairs and looked up at Madame Bouchet with her shining bluebell eyes. "Marinette," she said. She was wearing a sleeveless, red dress with purple flowers placed beautifully along the top. A red ribbon was tied around the waist, and below that the dress was completely black. She wore a glimmering white necklace with a pearl pendant at the bottom, and white embroidered gloves.

"This is ... Stunning! I've never seen anything like this before. The effort here is astounding!" She wrote a few more notes at the bottom of her page.

A few minutes passed and the class was loud with noise. 

"I hope we win," Marinette said to her group.

"Don't worry," Adrien said, "I'm pretty sure we will."

"I believe I know the winners of this competition, although all of your dresses were incredible," Madame Bouchet announced, loudly. Marinette sat back down in her seat, brushing back a few strands of hair.