Prologue

It's 10:27pm and I'm home alone. Maybe if I pack my bag I could leave this place, but what if he catches me. I stare at the shower wall, the fear sinks in more as I avoid what's coming. If I leave the shower maybe my life will end, will he see how much he's hurt me then. As the water turns cold I start to shiver, I remember when I tried to eat while he was gone today but the lump in my throat it in the way.

It has only been six months, we used to be so good for each other but now I'm losing all sense and pride. I've called for help a thousand times but if I hear his voice, I'll say I'm fine when really I'm dying for a saviour.

I get out of the shower and make my way to my room. My reflection in the mirror shows bruises all over my thighs and my arms. Maybe if I crawl into bed the room can take me under. Maybe if I had one normal night, but I can't help but wonder what got in to him. I think back to where it started and it was when he called saying he need to help a friend because when he got home the next night he wasn't himself and hasn't been since.

How hard is it to say goodbye when the one you love isn't there to turn the light off, and you can't sleep when it's just you and these four walls.

I lay down on his side of the bed, deep in thought as the pillow becomes wet. There are endless tears as I think about him, about the memories, good and bad. I never thought I'd be the type of person to be stuck in such a mess.

Maybe when he gets home, I could crack a smile. But then I realise there is really no point.