Chapter 31

After four more hours of giving lap dances and working on the small stages, we were all released to go home. Grayson left after our private room session I realized when I came back down, but Ethan and Chris were still there. I wiped off my makeup and changed into my regular clothes to bear the cold weather. Winter was getting closer and closer every breeze that picked up in the streets. I paid the club my dues before walking out with Kayla and Chris. It would only make sense to get a ride from them since he is driving us back to our place. Plus, Rosalyn and Ethan were getting to know each other a lot better, so he was driving her to his place. I doubt they were going to talk when they got there, but I'll hear what happens tomorrow night.

When we got in the car, Chris's air vents immendentily blew out the heat which was very needed at the moment. He began driving off to our destination with music playing in the background.

"Babe give me your hand," Kayla demanded.

He held his hand out waiting for her to do something, and this bitch about made my eyes fall out of their our sockets. She put his hand in between her thighs making me jokingly gasp aloud.

She started laughing. "What? I'm cold and his hands warm me up."

"The fact that you did that in front of me." I couldn't even finish I was still so bewildered by her actions.

Kayla is more than a best friend to me. I've seen her at her highest hopes, spirits, and happiness. It's similar to the feeling of seeing the person you love smile or happy, or hearing that your crush likes you back. I like to think of it as seeing your parents smile at how proud they are of you. There's nothing that could get them happier than seeing their child, who they brought into this world, succeed in something they love. That's what it's like when I see Kayla happy because she's the only person I have left.

I've also seen her most darkest, saddest, and vulnerable sides, something nobody would ever want to see. It's like watching and hearing a mother cry and mourn over the death of their son or daughter, and it drains me of my happiness when I see things like that. When she's at her deepest and darkest side, it scares me, honestly, because I never know how she could act. She may want revenge so badly that she would consider killing a man for it, or she stays quiet and pushes me away. It's worse when she pushes me away because I don't know how to help her if she's not telling me anything.

She's seen my highest and lowest emotions too staying with me through it all. She's opened up all her sides to me letting me gain her trust, and for that I'm grateful and will never jeopardize it. We've been through everything together. She and I love and annoy each other like sisters. No one could break the bond we have because it's as strong as the love or hate a daughter shares with her mother. So for Kayla to do that in front of me, shocked me because I've never seen her act this jittery and affectionate for someone.

"I bet you and Grayson do the same freaky shit too. Don't lie Cindy," Chris said making me put a jesting hand to my chest and mouth agape.
I didn't even know Chris had a joking side to him. The nigga acts like he's waiting for war to happen, but I guess that's reasonable in his stituation.

"And how did you come to this conclusion?" I asked.

"Let's just say a lil birdie told me."

"Well I'm sure this birdie has a name."

"And this nest doesn't have a loose end."

"Nice word play."

"Isn't it?" Kayla said giving him a kiss on the cheek, but he pulled her back for a kiss on the lips.
She giggled kissing him back, but I wasn't having this cute shit end my life.

"Can y'all do this when I'm not in the car and my life could possibly come to an end?"

They parted from each other with Kayla laughing and Chris shaking his head focusing his eyes back on the road. He stopped in front of our apartment building. He started looking around the place in disgust by the way his face was scrunched up.
"Damn, we gotta get y'all outta that dump."