Chapter 39

Alex knocked on the door a couple times before standing back and waiting. A few seconds later the porch lights turned on and the sound of the door unlocking filled our ears. Behind the door unveiled the girl. She was pretty. She was of a different race I couldn't place. She was a tiny person with a round yet structured face. She had a tattoo under her eye, and I could see another one creeping from behind her robe. She was wearing a red silk robe with slippers on. She had a hard look on her face until she saw Grayson. She started smiling revealing her white teeth then looked back at Alex.

"You must be Alex?" She questioned and I did not expect her to sound like that.

She had a raspy voice that slurred her words a little bit with how chill she was talking that let me know she wasn't from here.

"I am."

"Well come on in."

She unlocked the screen door and held it open for us.

The beige setting was neatly set up. It was the TV room by the way the coffee table in the middle was placed, and an old but nice brown couch was directed in the middle of the TV. She had mini couches set up on both sides of the couch. There were pictures here and there set up on the wall that matched the pattern of the rug laid out. To the side, you would see the kitchen and the boxes on the counters and tables. Straight ahead there was a hallway to the right and a flight of stairs directly in front of you.

"Make yourself comfortable," she said going over to turn the light on more and turn off the TV.

Grayson and I sat on one of the mini couches with Ethan while Lily, Frank, Lina, and Alex sat on the couch, and Kayla and Chris sat on the other mini couch. She set up a chair for herself in front of the TV, so she was sitting directly in front of all of us.

"Y'all want any drinks or snacks?" She asked. We politely declined before she sat up straight and crossed her legs. "All right, lets get to business."

"Grayson told us a little about you, but you go ahead and introduce yourself," Alex said.

"Well, my name's Carmen. I'm mixed with white and black for those of y'all who were wondering. I moved here from Atlanta just tryna find something different then I run into Grayson. Their sister and I went back from fuckin diapers and shit when I used to live in Jersey."

The twins stiffened when she mentioned sister. Grayson's grip on my waist tightened while Ethan straightened up more and cleared this throat. Carmen looked like she had gotten a bad taste in her mouth after she finished her explanation. I'm assuming the girl on their bodies was their sister. It was a quick silence before she cleared her throat and put back on her smile.

"So we catchin up, and he tells me bout this sweet ass deal because he knows I ain't no snitch and shit. My ex is a gang banger down in Atlanta, so I know the basics with all this shit. I'm a chill person. I think I have good conversation skills. I hate lookin stupid or set up like I don't know what I'm talkin bout. Therefore, tell me anything that I need and should know cause if something happens I wanna help and cover you guys, but I can't do that shit when I don't got all the puzzle pieces. But I wanna know a lil bit bout you guys since the only people I know is Alex, Ethan, and Grayson."

"I'm Alex, and this is my wife, Lina. That's Frank and his girl, Lily. That's Chris and his girl, Kayla. Then that's Grayson's girl, Cindy. My position in God's Fallen Angels, or GFA, is the leader. Everything that happens reports and comes back to me. I mostly take care of the financial issues, but everything the guys do I get the last say in. I'm one of the first who started this gang and these are my backbones and brothers in this. I like to say the trust and bounds that run deep within each other is why we sell so successfully across the country. Other than Chris, Lina's my right hand, but I'll let the guys explain their positions."