Chapter 7

Leland
She looked amazing. I cant believe that we were both wearing the same colors. I thought that was cool. Duane Lee took my phone. But I didnt even care. When I got back into the truck angel was pointing to where the phone was. She had her hand left on the seat and I put mine on top of hers and it felt so good. So I brought her to a nice little spot thats kinda secluded. I had already set it up before she came home. Wow she lives with me, strange. She just kinda stopped while we were walking. I had to sort-of pull her a long and she came along and we sat down on the blanket. "Leland why did you do all this. We could have just chilled at home." "Yea I kno that but I thought this might be a lil bit better to get to know you." I pick up her hand and kiss it again.

You
You cant believe he went thru all of this. Were sitting down enjoying some dinner. You dont even know what he cooked and tonight you dont care. "so I have to ask something its been on my mind since I saw his mug shot. Why did you stay with him?" " ell I was wondering when someone was going to ask me that." You said as finish the glass of wine you were holding. "I moved from home to be here with Chris. I met him when I just about 13 years old and I fell for him. He had made me feel special. I was hanging out with this older guy. He was three years older then me and he had a car. I was his babygirl and he was my babyboy and all of his friends knew it. I was always protected with him, not by him but with him. The first time he hit I was done. He picked me up from school the day after with roses said he was sorry. It was just that I had made him mad. So I took him back and I kept taking him back. It wasnt till we moved out here that he started to do ice. And it wasnt till you guys called that I knew I had to get out. I had stopped caring for the fucker a long time ago. I just stayed with him because I was scared. But now Im not so scared." You said as you looked right in those big brown eyes. "well Im glad you're here. Because you're different." " hanks le-le." You both laugh. " ey do you know that you're the only person who has ever given me a nickname. And you're the only one that can call me that." " hahahahaha." " so hows your face?" " nice le-le real smooth." "No I didnt mean it like that. I meant hows it feeling? Im sorry." As he leaned over and rubbed your arm. For the first time you didn't shiver by a touch. "its feeling fine. Still a little black and blue but the swollen has gone a lot. Thanks for the ice last night." " to a problem." he said. You look at him and pour some more wine. You stop and you think, you think of the life back home. " have another question," Leland asks you pulling you back to where you're sitting with him. "sure whats up?" "why did you and Chris leave your home? Its ok you don't have to answer it." "no, no its ok Im just thinking about how to say this. We had been together for a long time and my family didnt like it. I was with from the time I was 13 till the time you guys picked him up. Im 21 now. When I was 17 he asked me to marry him and I said yes and come to find out . He needed a job and we needed a place to go. Neither one of your families would take us in. He had a friend that moved here and had a garage; he called Chris up and asked him he wanted a job. I was with him for so long I thought I had to stay with him. You wipe the tear away. I thought he was my world. Just about three weeks after we moved here I lost my baby because he beat me so bad. That was almost a year ago. The house that we rented was in his name, hes car is mine and then I have my car. I try to call home when I can, but its hard cuz I never wanted to be on the phone when Chris came home and him get mad. My parents know that I love them but they dont understand any of the choices I made and sometimes I dont know why I do what I do. At this point youre crying, you dont want to but you are. Leland reaches over and wipes the tears that are falling. ok, ok, ok, enough of this. Im tired of crying over that s.o.b. so how did you find this part of the beach? I have no idea. I was walking down the street looking for a guy and I heard something in the bushes so I walked over and the guy is right in here.