Chapter 21

Leland
A few days ago.
My dad, Duane Lee and myself were in the car coming back from dropping our latest capture off at the jail. "Hey bro what's wrong with you?" Duane Lee asked looking at the review mirror. "Nothing just thinking." I mumbled. "Hey sons let go grab a drink." My dad said and texted Beth to let the girls know. We pulled into a little bar at the end of the street. Dad order a soda and me and Duane Lee order a beer and sat in silence for 5 minutes. "Alright little brother spill." "It's nothing really just thinking about the boys and Maui and everything going on right now." "Son are you having second thoughts about marring Angel?" Dad asked me. " oh God no Dad. Actually the complete opposite. I want to marry her sooner. She already is Dakota and Cobie's mom in my eyes. Every night I watch her play and tuck them in. Do you know the boys call Tony, Uncle T? I want to make it legal. Maui is nothing to me anymore." "Now son don't talk like that. She had some serious issues. If you want to make it legal then do so." "Dad you know Beth would throw a fit if they run off and get married. Damn Baby Lisa and her and Angel's mom have stuff all over the house right now for their wedding and there's not even a date planned yet." Duane Lee said as he took a sip of his beer. "That's the problem Dad. I know Angel is stressed a bit about everything that's going on." "Take her away then son. Go somewhere for a long weekend." My dad said with a wink. Duane Lee's phone started to ring so he stepped outside. " let me say this fast son, I see love in your eyes. The same way I look at Beth is the same way you look at Angel. The way she is with the boys is the way Beth is you guys. Angel will never walk out on you or the boys. She will never try to take Maui's place. You love her? You want her to legally be the boys mother? Make it happen and you know I'm right here to help anyway I can." "Think my big brother can keep a secret for a bit?" "Let's ask him." Dad said as Duane Lee came back and sat down. "You two are up to something." Over the next two hours we got everything set. Dad called Pastor Tim, I called my lawyer and Duane Lee called the hotel in Kona. After the phone calls were done I took, my dad and brother the jewelry store and picked up our wedding bands and next door to that was a tux and bridal shop. I wanted simple for us. We got a three basic suites, black white and blue. Our favorite colors. The dress was going to be hard. Angel was showing but not a lot yet. The women helping us with wedding gown so sweet, she nearly cried when we told her what we were planning. "Crap I don't know what to get her." I said again looking at what seemed like the 100th dress. "Here this one will look good on her. And it's her size." Came from a voice I didn't expect to hear. "Tony how did you know?" " I called him," my dad said. He handed the older women the dress and a piece of paper and turned to walk away. " hey hold up a minute." I said and ran to him. "Bro I hope your not mad, I'm not trying to take you away from anything," "Leland I know. Your dad told me everything. Thank you." "Why are thanking me?" "My sister has wanted nothing more then to be a wife and a mother and if this means she one step closer to that I'm ok with it." "Thanks man. We're going to do it big after the baby. I promise. Do you wanna see the rings. Oh and she doesn't know yet either." I pulled the rings from the bag and showed him. "She'll love them." He stayed the rest of the afternoon helping us plan everything out.