Chapter 9

Leland
I hate that bustard for putting her in a shell like this. Shes scared all the time and I wish there was something I could do to help her. Shes sitting beside me on the couch and I just want to hold her. Beth and Dad were looking at me along with Tim and they were all smiling at me. I hate it when they do that.
You
When the movie was done none of you were really tired so you all went out back for a smoke. You were sitting at the table with Leland, Dog, Beth, Tim and Duane Lee. As people begin to sit down Leland moved closer to you and was holding your hand that was resting on the arm of the chair. So you all sat there smoking and drinking your beers. "So," Beth say "We are off from the office but Wednesday we go back to work and you start. Is that ok?" "Yea thats great. Thanks for the job again." "Your gonna be working in the office doing paperwork. Hows that?" "Great I like doing paperwork." "Really?" Leland says as he looks at you "No body that has worked in the office liked doing paperwork." "Well I like it." Its about 11:30pm and you get a text. "A text again," Leland says and smiles. "yea how did you know that?" "because my big brother over there just out his phone away which reminds me I have to kill you Duane Lee." "you might be able to if you ever let go of her," and everyone starts laughing. Your looking at you phone and reading the message, 'it reads babygirl come home please I need you home with me.' You flip the phone shut, fuck him you think. Then you look at your phone again another one its from your best friend back home. It read, 'hey girly I haven't talked to you in a little over a week. Just checking up on you. I miss you when can I come and visit you?? Love you.' You smile at yourself, you miss her a lot and you know shes just looking out for you. "Wow theres something we havent seen from you" Dog says  as you look up. "Im sorry I didnt know everyone was looking at me." You said. "Oh no hunny it was just me. Something made you happy?" "Yea my best friend back home just texted me to see if Im ok. Thats all." "So Leland you still going to kill me? "Duane Lee asks. "Um lets think about it. I can get up and kick your ass or I can sit here next to this beautiful girl. What to do, what to do?" Leland said with a laugh.

Leland
My brother can be such a dick sometimes. I enjoyed sitting next to her. She smiled tonight liked really smiled and I melted. I just sat there and looked at her while my dad talked to her. Then Duane Lee started again with me.

You
You enjoy holding his hand. But you know one thing is for sure if theres anything between you two, you want to take it slow. This was something you didnt want to rush. You decide that your gonna get a little ballzy. You pulled out your phone because the boys were joking around and no body was looking at you. You sent Leland a text saying ' hey I was just wondering whats going on here.' You sent it out and almost regretted it right away. The boys were by the pool horsing around when you saw the Leland look at his phone and you were able to put your phone away without anyone noticing you. Baby Lyssa was sitting beside you now. You hadn't noticed her beside you. " Hey I have a question for you." she says and smiles, " Ok shoot," "Do you like my brother?" It took you be surprise. " well I mean he's been through a lot lately and I know you have too and I can tell he really does like you and I don't want to see him getting hurt." "Lyssa I could never hurt him. I do like your brother but I know that if anything happens I do want to take things slow. You know what I mean. I mean my god I just out of a really bad relationship," " I know Hun, I know." She says. " my god what am I doing?" you said. " Angel what are you talking about?" "Lyssa I just got out of an 8 year relationship with a guy who treated me like crap and I already like someone else? Thats not right." "Angel, Angel your fine. You stayed with him because you were scared you stopped loving him a long time ago. I see the way you look at Leland and I see the way he looks at you. Theres something there." You sat there shaking your head just taking everything she said in. "Ok, ok, ok hey Lyssa don't tell anyone what we were talking about. I need to go take a little walk." " Ok please be careful, if your not back in 20 mins I'm sending Romeo over there out for you." You both laugh as you get up and grab your stuff from the table you see Leland looking at you from the pool. You leave thru the back gate very quietly. You got to the end of the street when you see hand lights in front of you. " You son of a bitch you almost hit me!" You said. " What the hell are you doing in the middle of the street?" The guy in the car got out and you noticed the and 1 logo on his arm. "Baby what are you doing out here at night? Don't you have a man to go too? Its late you should have a place to go. Come on I take you somewhere." " I'm fine no I don't have a man but I got a place to stay" you said. The guy parked his car and walked towards you and you backed away slowly shutting down. " It's ok I'm not going to hurt you, you just look lost I want to help you. Here my name is Justin. Hunny you can stand up now." You don't know why but Justin just reminded you a lot of Chris. You heard foot steps. " Angel, Angel I'm right here. Its ok Im right here." "What happened? Justin what happened here.? Angel please look at me." You looked at Leland and a couple tears fell. " I'm sorry I don't know what happened." You said as you looked at him and then at Justin. " Angel its fine come on were going home, hey Justin you coming over?" "Yea Ill be right there."

Leland
I checked my phone and I read her message and I responded with 'hey sweet heart I dont know where were going with this but I do like you a lot and I care about you.' When I sent it she was talking to Lyssa. All of the sudden she left as I threw Duane in the pool. I started after her when Lyssa saw me heading out the door. "Leland dont, let her be. Shes just going for a little walk." "ok," I sat down and waited for her to come home. About 20 mins later I heard some tires screech and a horn blowing. I waited a few mins and then walked outside to see if I could find her. She was at the end of the street on the ground. I ran down there as fast as could.

You
You broke down. You got back to the house and sat in the living room. Leland sat in front of you. "Please talk to me what happened." Justin came in the house and everyone came from out back and was saying hi to him. " Hey is she ok dude?" "yea shell be fine. Come on Angel," you guys went into his/your room. " Angel. Angel can you please tell me what happened." "I dont know. I was talking to Lyssa bout something and it dawned on me I just got out of a 8 year relationship. And then I got to thinking what the hell am I doing here, with you? I mean dont get me wrong I like you and believe me your hot as hell but why should I even try with you? Its not like you have any feelings for me." "I want you to check your phone please." He looked at you from the floor where he was kneeling in front of you. You picked up your phone from the bed and read his message. You look up at him and smile. "So where do we go from here?" he asked. " Lets see here. We both like each other right?" he shakes his head, "ok lets take things slow is that ok?" " Whatever you want sweet heart." He kissed your hands. You picked his head up so that he's looking at you and give him a kiss on the cheek. "You didn't have to do that you know." "I know I didn't but I wanted too. Thank you Le-Le for everything. Everything that you and your family has done." "Angel this is what we do. We help people." " If you guys hadn't made me stay here I would be in big trouble." Then your phone rings. " Hello is this Angel Cobb?" " yes it is who's this?" "This is Hawaii state police. Do you own a black Nissan 350 Z?" "Yes why?" "It was found in Maui. Behind a 7-11. No one was around it. No one saw anyone get out of it. Some one called the cops and you were lucky because the keys were left in the car. Ma'am have you been driving it tonight?" "No umm my ex-boyfriend has been driving it since we moved here." "Ok well we need you to come down here and pick it up." "Ok I'll be right there. Excuse sir but was anything taken from it?" "Not that we saw of ma'am." "Thank you sir." "Hey Leland can you come with me to pick up my car?" "Babe isn't your car at the office?" "No no my other car. My truck is at the office I gotta pick up the other one." "Ok. Lets take one more person with us just in case."  "Ok sounds good. Who?" "How about Duane Lee?" "ok "you say. You gather your things while Leland goes to get Duane Lee you head out to his truck. Leland hops in the drivers seat and Duane Lee in the passenger seat. They dont say much. With what seemed like a blink of an eye you were at 7-11 and a cop was standing next to your car. " Is that your car Angel?" " Duane Lee please close your mouth your going to get Leland's car all wet. And yes that is my car." Duane Lee is still sitting there looking at your car so you hopped out on Leland's side. "Ms. Cobb?" "Yes sir. Can I go look at my car please." You checked it all out everything seemed to be fine. "Can I drive it home?" "yea we had someone from the police department come and look at it and its fine to drive. I just need you to answer a couple questions." " Ok Leland stay with me?" " Of course I'll tell Duane Lee to go home and tell the family everything is ok." So he left to go over to Duane Lee. " Ma'am I just have a couple questions about this ex you were talking about." "ok lets get this over with. I just want to go home." " ok here we go." After about a half hour the cops were finally done. They told you that if he called you again to let the police know. " Angel is this really your car?" Leland asks as you opened the door. "yes it is. I saved up for a long time for this and Chris friend gave me a deal on it because I was doing some of the work myself. Well with Chris' help. Man I was happy when I got this. It was the best when I'd be driving down the street and some dickhead wanted to race. I'd blow him out of the water. Leland get in the car." "oh sorry I was just looking at it. Its nice." It took a bit longer to get to the house. When you got there Tim, Beth, Dog, Justin, Duane Lee and Baby Lyssa were outside waiting. "God Dad this car rides so smooth. You have to try it." " Thats a real nice car Angel." " yes it is," Beth said after Dog. " Angel can I get a ride in it?" Duane Lee asks. " Anyone can get a ride in it tomorrow, but right now I'm wicked tired. Is it ok if I go to bed now?" " honey of course it's ok" Dog says. You walked inside with them all and you got into bed. You don't know what time it was when you heard Leland come in. "Le-Le is that you?" " yea who else would it be?" you hear him getting a couple pillows and was going to lay on the floor. " Leland Chapman get up here and lay on this bed." "you sure you want me too?" " ould I have asked if I didn't? theres something. I feel safe when I lay next to you. Hell when Im with you I feel safe."  "I like to hear that" Leland says as he climbs into bed. You turn to him and lay on his chest and quietly fell asleep.