Chapter 19

Chapter 29
You all arrived back at your house and well Tony told your parents what had happened you laid on the couch. You were still sore but good lord you were hungry. "Leland can you please get me something to eat?" "yea me too little brother!" Duane Lee came over and sat next to you and laughed. "Yea I'm hungry too bro." Tony said as he sat next to you on the other side. "Jesus is this an Angel sandwich?" You asked. But you were happy to see everyone getting along. "I swear y'all keep looking at me like I'm an animal on display I'm going to bed." Everyone fell into easy conversation. " Angel what you like to eat?" Leland asked you. " pizza with extra cheese and mushrooms. And strawberries and sugar. And watermelon. And milk." "Ummmmm all of that?" " and ruffles and French onion dip." You said and smiled. "Damn girl you that hungry?" Duane Lee asked looking at you. "Wait is that bad?" You asked now worried. "Duane Lee shut up. Babygirl you can have whatever you want." Leland got you all that you had asked for and then some. Everyone was getting along and talking. Duane Lee and Tony were hitting it off nicely and had moved to playing video games. Your parents were talking with Beth and Dog. You were sitting on the couch with the boys laying on you and Leland sat there asleep. You woke up to hands on your stomach and little voices, "you can talk to her Cobie don't wake mama and daddy." They sat there talking to your stomach for what seemed like forever, when you looked up at Leland you saw looking at his sons smiling. "Boys say goodnight to mama and your sister it's bedtime." He came back downstairs and helped you to bed where for the first time in a while you slept like a rock.

You
It had been three weeks since everything had happened. You found out that Chris was in a jail somewhere on the mainland on connection with a murder charge. Maui plead guilty on attempted murder. You were at her court date, where sober she apologized. She gave up sole custody of the boys to Leland along with her parental rights. She was in Utah now at a rehab facility, where she was getting clean from a whole mess of drugs no one knew she was on. The boys were with Tony, he moved out here with you guys, because he wanted a fresh start and to be closer to you. He was kinda like your live in nanny and was seeing a local girl. Your parents were talking about moving out there to be closer and Leland said they should he wanted you have a relationship with your family again. You phone buzzed on the desk again. Your mom, Beth and Baby Lisa had started a group chat about the wedding and you were getting sick of it already. "Jesus what do they want now." You said with a huff as you looked from the case you were working on. "What's wrong babygirl?" Leland asked as he walked into the office, and sat on the corner of the desk. "My mother, Beth and Baby Lisa are driving me crazy with this wedding talk." "Oh my love they are just happy." " I know Le but damn it I'm 5 months pregnant, I have two sons at home, a house to take care of and a business to run. Not to mention worrying about my family on a daily. The last thing I'm thinking about right now is our wedding." You sighed as you got up to put some files away. " hey not to add anymore stress to you, but I wanted to talk to you about something." He said as he walk towards you. "What Leland?" "Hey no sassing me women," he said as he took your face in his hands and kissed you with such passion you felt light handed. "Damn it, I hate when you use your sexiness to get me to listen to you. What's up baby?" "Well I've been thinking and talking to dad and my lawyer..." "I'll sign a prenup Leland." You said as you turned away from the file cabinet. "Angel Marie that was not what I was going to say, you are Dakota and Cobie's mother. I have considered you that since we got together. I know how you care about them. I want you to be legally their mother."