Chapter 33

Four hours later.
We sat on the plane, waiting to take off. " It's been 4 years since I got on a plan for this long," "I know baby, just breathe. Did you take the medicine the doctor gave you?" "yea I took it." She hated taking pills, she finally broke down to me why when the doctor wanted her to take muscle relaxers after she was released. Because she had such bad anxiety about being on the plan for that long amount of time and meeting my mom she got some anxiety pills. After the 5 and half hour plane ride we touched down in Utah and as we reached baggage claim we were surrounded by paparazzi. Angel was carrying Cobie and I was holding Dakota's hand. "Tony go grab the damn car please." I said as grabbed the bags and handed Dakota over to Angel. She pulled her hat over her head and pulled Dakota and Cobie's hoods up. "Lets go." "Leland is this your wife?!" "Is it true that she's pregnant?" "are these your kids?" "Leland?!" "Why are you here?" "Is the rest of the family here?" Airport security was now here keeping them from us and as we reached outside, Tony pulled up jumped out of the truck and grabbed the boys. "Thanks bro."  "Leland thats something I will never get used to." Angel said as we made our way to the hotel. As Angel got everything settled I called my mom.  "Hi mom. Hows it going? Are you in Utah?" "Yes Leland I'm walking to the baggage claim now. I see you have already been here." She said with a small laugh. "Yea how did you know?" " theres girls here with signs with your name all over them and theres a whole bunch of paparazzi." "Hahaha I would cause that, hey there should be a car there waiting and it'll bring you here. Angel is putting the boys down for a nap now so I was thinking that the three of us would go grab some lunch. "Ok son." We hung up and I was a little shocked. "Whats wrong babe?" Angel asked as she walked into our room, "Mom is being strange. Oh well we'll see what thats about when we go have lunch with her." She let out a low growl as she  headed to bathroom. A couple hours later we left the boys with Tony and we headed to restaurant in the hotel. "There she is," as I grabbed Angel's hand and waved to my mother.  "She's going to hate me Leland." "No she isn't babe." I leaned over and gave her a kiss as we made our way over to where my mother sat. "Hi mom, missed you." I said as she rose and gave her a hug, "Missed you too Leland," "Mom this my wife, Angel, Angel this my mom, La Fonda." "It's nice to m" was all Angel could get out before my mom reached over and hugged her. "First let me apology to you Leland and to you Angel for not giving you two a chance." she said as we sat down. "Um wow mom not that I'm not happy about this, but what the hell?" "Leland don't swear at your mother," Angel said as the waiter filled our glasses. "a couple minutes please." I said to the waiter. We looked over our menus, ordered and sat in silence for 10 minutes. "So why did you guys come to Utah?" my mom finally broke the silence. "Well you see mom, I know how close you were to Maui, but theres a couple things you need to know. About, what 4, 5 months ago we moved in together, one of the things Angel wanted was rooms for the boys. She hadnt met them yet. So I bought a house for us. I called Maui one night asking to take the boys, to which she replied that she was moving and I was never going to see them again. Angel calmed me down and said we would fight for them, she wouldnt let me loose my boys. I found Angel later that night crying in the kitchen to Beth saying she needed to leave, apparently Maui had told Angel the reason she was taking the boys and leaving was because of her. Mom I lost it and drove to Maui's, I could hear my boys crying. I called the police and dad. The police came and had to break down the door because Maui was high on drugs and drunk. My sons were living in filth. They hadnt bathed in days and they hadn't eaten well either. The minute I got them home Angel took charge. She got them everything they could possibly need and then some. She promised them that no matter what she would always be there. Later that day," I had to stop, I hated thinking about that day. My mom sat there very quite and listened. "later that day we were having a cook out where I had intended on purposing to Angel and that I did. Before I knew what was going on Maui was at the house and words were exchanged. Maui lounged at Angel and stabbed her. I almost lost my wife that day. Angel was placed in a medically induced coma for a bout a week after an almost 4 hour surgery where we found out that she was pregnant. At Maui's arrangement she confused to being on multiple drugs and she signed over her rights to me. From the very first day Angel walked into my sons' life as far as I was concerned she was their mother. About 2 months after she was out of the hospital we flew to Kona and got married. She legally signed paperwork the day we got back and adopted Dakota and Cobie." As I finished talking the waiter came over and our food down.