January 12, 2017 The Lake

January 12, 2017

The lake

(Taylor's perspective)

We put on our winter clothes and we begin to walk out of the house through the woods behind our house.

"How far away is the lake?" I ask.

"Not far. Maybe a fifteen minute walk and we are there." Joe said leading the way through the forest.

"I'm already freezing. And you want us to jump into a freezing lake in the middle of winter?" Elizabeth asks.

"Yes." Joe said and I laughed.

We continued to follow Joe through the forest as he tells us stories of his family jumping into many lakes when he was a child and teenager.

We finally see a beautiful lake in the middle of the forest.

"It's so beautiful here." Taylor said.

I take out my phone as Taylor looks out into the lake, that can go into the magazines.

"Here we are. Just strip your clothes only in your underwear or swim trunks and just jump on in." Joe said as he begins to remove his clothes only in his swim trunks.

He starts to shiver at then cold January winter air hits his bare skin. He runs over to the lake and jumps in making a big splash. The birds hiding above the tree's fly away in the sky startled by the sudden noise.

Joe quickly gets up out from under the water and shouts,

"Whooo!" He shouts and quickly swims out of the lake and jumps around trying to get warm again.

"Your boyfriend is insane." Elizabeth said to me and I laughed.

"Yes he is but I still love him." I said.

"Come on! Don't chicken out! You both can do it. Just jump on in." Joe said walking up to us.

"Okay. I'll do it since I'm here." Taylor said and started to remove her winter clothes to her swim suit underneath and she gasps at the sudden cold on her bare skin.

"Oh it's already freezing!" I shout.

"Come on Elizabeth." Joe said.

"Fine." Elizabeth said and begins to take off her winter clothes to her swimsuit underneath as well.

Elizabeth gasps and shouts as the cold air hits her bare skin as well.

"Okay. Let's just get this over with and jump in." She said.

"Ready?" Joe ask.

"Yes." Elizabeth and I said.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!" Joe shouts and we all run and jump onto the freezing lake.

The sudden cold water hits my skin and we drive into the freezing cold water. The water feels so cold it feels like dozens of needles are being poked into my skin. I quickly swim back up into the surface and take a deep breath.

"Holy shit!!" I curse as the cold water takes over my body and my body begins to feel numb.

"Fuck it's freezing!" Elizabeth shouts as she comes up.

"Now quickly get out!" Joe shouts and we all swim back to land and we grab our blankets and quickly trying to dry off but it's still freezing outside.

"Shit! I'm never doing that again!" Elizabeth cursed.

"You are insane," I said to Joe.

"The insane are the most fun." Joe said and laughed.

"Come on let's run back to the house so you both won't freeze to death," Joe said.

We quickly dry off and put on our winter clothes again and run back to the house to warm up.

____________________________________

Author's Note

What do you guys think? Please vote and comment.

-Wunderstruck1313