Chapter 9. Feburary 2017

February 1, 2017

Walk in the forest

(Taylor's perspective)

"Want to go on a walk in the woods?" I asked Elizabeth

"Are we jumping into the freezing lake again?" Elizabeth asked.

Joe laughed, "No. We are just going on a walk this time." He said.

"Alright I'll go with. Is it freezing outside still?" Elizabeth asks as she looks outside to see the fog.

"Oh yeah I'll go get dressed." Elizabeth said and runs up into her room.

We all quickly get dressed into our winter clothes and step out into the cold air.

Elizabeth breathe heavy, "I can see my breath in the cold!" She gasps.

"We won't be out for too long. Just a short walk to maybe the lake and walking back." Taylor said.

We begin to walk through the forest as we listened to all of the birds in the tree's. As we are walking on a trail I see a old stone wall that's not too tall so I can jump up on climb on.

I carefully walk along the top of the small brick wall and Joe laughs at me trying not to fall off.

"Keep going I want to see if I can get a picture of you on the wall." Joe said.

I walk along the top of the brick wall and I almost slip off from how wet and mosey it is. I jump off and land in the soft grass.

We continued to walk on the trail and we finally arrived at the lake

"Want to jump into the water again Joe?" Elizabeth asks and I laughed.

Joe laughs, "No. it's definitely too cold to jump on now. I don't want to go to the hospital." He said.

We watched the lake and tree's way in the wind.

"Taylor stand in front of the pond. I want to get a picture of you standing in front of it." Joe said.

I walked in front of the lake and Joe took the picture "Got it!" He shouted and walked back over to me and gave me a kiss.

We continued to walk along the forest as Joe told us more stories of him when he was younger when I jumped into lakes from high cliff's and swimming in lakes with his siblings in the summer.

"I'm freezing now." Elizabeth said shivering.

"I'm getting really cold as well. Let's head back now." I said.

"Okay. I'll make another fire to warm you girls up." Joe said and we began to walk back home.

(Elizabith's perspective)

We arrived back home and Joe built a fire in the fireplace to warm us up.

I sit on the floor with a blanket wrapped around me as the fire began to warm me up.

Olivia jumped into my lap and I let her.

"Hi Olivia." I said and she meows at me.

"Here is your coco." Joe said handing me a hot cup.

"Thanks Joe." I said.

"You're welcome." Joe said and sat down on the couch with his cup next to Taylor.

We watched Netflix shows as we warmed up my the fire for the rest of the night.

____________________________________

Author's Note

Thoughts? Please vote and comment.

                                       -Wunderstruck1313