Chapter 3| Changing Times

This is a game called life and it will always change.

Place: Union academy, Principal's office

Time: July 19, X7019 4:45pm

Clarissa POV

Kaye, Cloud, Christopher, Jemari, Angel, Zayella Paolo and I was inside the principal's office.

When we entered the room a figure was shown in front of us, however there was a curtain covering the other side of the room. The figure was the principal. He never showed his face in public and if he did, he says it's not his real face. He was sitting down in a huge chair.

That's all what I can see from his figure.

Liz and Kyla was there too. I think they are one of the people who knows the real identity of the principal. But then again it's just what I think.

I sighed before we greeted him. Glancing at the others, they were already in position.

"Good afternoon Principal." All of us greeted him flashing a smile. I don't know if the others flashed a fake smile or not but for Kaye she gave smirk instead.

"Good afternoon students. Now, I know you are wondering why I called you here." The principal says, he had a voice of an old man but it was still loud and deep.

"Yes, we've been wondering about that." I said fixing my glasses.

"I've been observing your work for the past weeks and I would say it's a job well done. However-"

Oh boy, I wonder what's it this time. If it's about those bastards in the facilities-

"The research facilities said that they have no progress yet with section Element and you kids are in charged of that specific section." He finishes.

Yep it's those bastards. I'm going to kill them later, if I'm not busy.

"Actually, Principal one of the Junior scientists found a new element. The higher ups have always been sneaky." Liz says frowning at the news.

"I was also a witness of the event." Kaye who was bored and her eyes twitches.

"Alright, then what is this report about passing your paperworks late then?"

"We always finish our paperworks in time, it's just the people receives it are so slow." Paolo and Christopher said in sync.

"They've been always like that Sir." I shook my head and let out a deep sigh of disappointed.

"They are actually not doing their work. Last night, Angel and I slept late due to the paperworks that they need to finish." Zayella interjected.

"Go on. I'm all ears on you kids."

"Did we forget to mention that we cleaned the obstacles for funding the new facilities?" Jemari asks.

"No child you did not forget. I received it just yesterday and I'm very delighted about the progress. With this we may take another step toward the school's ultimate goal." The principal says while chuckling.

"We're glad Principal that you liked our progress." Angel gave him a closed eyes smile.

Still kind as ever Gel, still kind. The irony of her name Angelica and she's so kind. Like an angel that came from heaven. But I knew better, Angel might be kind but when she's angry you don't know what she's capable of. Thinking about it makes me shiver.

"Principal I'll be going to send you the necessary files tonight, I hope you'll check them properly." Kyla says while writing on her clipboard.

"Oh yes I will. Then farewell kids, you are all dismissed exept for you Kaye." The principal said and we nodded. I glanced at Kaye who had her poker face on.