Chapter 12|| What's Underneath

Meet the Demon Relatives. In the surface they're perfect, but what lies underneath their perfect facades and charade?

Place: Knight family's first estate, Garden Pavilion

Time: July 30, X7019 7:05 am

3rd Person

"What the F***!"

Kojiro Shino cursed at his 17 year old cousin named Kaye.

"Why did you wake me up so early in the morning?! And what the hell is with your butler intruding my house around 6 am just to tell me that we're going to have breakfast together?!"

The Knight family invited their relatives to join them for breakfast even though it means destroying the tranquility of their relatives' sleep.

Kaye takes a sip from her cup of tea calmly as she reads a very thick novel, courtesy from Liz, and listen to her older cousin's rant.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I was only informed of having a breakfast here at the pavilion." Kaye answers her cousin's outrageous questions.

"My, I can't believe that I was left here at your mansion with Ysa and Mikha to have a sleepover after the party." Liz says while sitting down on a chair beside Kaye, totally ignoring what was happening between her older cousin, Kojiro and Kaye. It was pretty normal routine, they argue and get along at the same time.

Especially when it's about cooking. They're pretty competitive in the field of cooking at the same time they can work together.

"It wasn't really a sleepover though, we only slept." Mikha says as she sighs.

"Isn't that the purpose of sleepover? To sleep?" Ysa asks as she rolls her eyes and sit on one of the chairs.

The three other female cousins look at her with a Really-now? look.

"Anyway, where's Hinako-nee? Isn't she supposedly be with you?" Kaye asks Kojiro who mutters profane things in French.

Kojiro stops cursing in French and blinks. He then sighs and fixes his eyeglasses.

"She went to the bathroom. She told me she needs to refreshen herself up, she mentioned she was tired." Kojiro says scowling at the 4 girls that were his younger cousins, and to be honest they're the eldest among their siblings. He was just the only child in his family. And how can he get along with them if they're in a good mood.

"Now you mentioned it. I saw her down the halls cursing about something like being tired and a sore. She also didn't sleep much last night." Mikha says while scratching the back of her head.

Kojiro listens to her while drinking some coffee and by hearing those words he chocked on his drink and it was mildly hot too which made the situation worse.

"Pffftt..."

"Oi! Kojiro-Nii! Are you fine?!?!

--------------------------------------------------

Kojiro finally, took a deep breath and sighs as he breath once more. Him choking on a measly cup of coffee was unprofessional. Terrible. Horrible and endless comments from the public if they known about this, it would be a disgrace!

"Oi, If you tell this to the public. I swear, I'll butcher your head." Kojiro says as he scowls to his 4 younger female cousins who were helping him.

"We don't have any intention to leak one of your helpless moments. Besides, I'm sure that Mikha was just 25% serious about what she told you." Kaye smugly smirks as she helped her older French-Japanese fusion chef cousin by giving him a glass of water.