Chapter 18|| Preliminaries

The qualifications to be at the top starts with the preliminaries. Especially when you're dueling for a maiden's heart.

Place: Union Academy Gymnasium

Time: 1:24 pm, 3 minutes after the game started

Gail POV

Its been 3 minutes after the whistle of the referee blowed. looked at Akashi's team who was called 'Teiko'. They're a powerful basketball team and Akashi is their captain. I know some of his members like his friend with glasses that believes in horoscopes and lucky items, Midorima, and he can shoot 3 points all the time and he never misses.

Akashi's team was leading in the 36-15 scores. His team acquired the points effortlessly in just 3 minutes after the whistle sounded. They're monsters, insanely strong demons and their quite hot. But Akashi is hotter though.

Everyone heard their shoes making screeching sounded as they run on the gymnasium floor. Sweat clings on their bodies as they play the game like it was war. The audience, who were the students and professors on their breaks, watched and commented in amazement.

Wait, why am I talking like the situation is so grave? Did someone die?

I looked at Akashi who was dribbling the ball and shoots it. I smiled by this and we made eye contact to each other. I noticed the charming like smirk playing on his lips as he shoots the ball perfectly too. His team scored two more points.

I felt my blood rush up to my cheeks. My heart was beating fast for no absolute reason. I felt sick and the reason why these are happening is because I have a very big crush on Akashi. Why do I like him again?

'Crazy heartbeat, calm down.' I thought to myself.

Since 4 minutes have probably past there's 26 more minutes left to play the game.

My train of thoughts snapped when I heard a familiar voice of a female interrupts me.

"Is this seat taken?"

I look up and found out that it was Kaye asking me if the seat beside me was taken. Her eyes seemed to shine in mischief and her lips was curled into a small smirk.

I shook my head. "You can sit."

Soon before I know it, Kaye sat beside me and commented out of the blue with a smirk on her lips.

"Seijuro is quite motivated today."

I was puzzled on what she meant but I replied back to her.

"He seems the same every time, he plays his games." I felt quite oblivious but I ignored the feeling. Kaye looks at me for a while and blinks. She always had this expressionless face most of the time. She soon mutters something under her breath and I couldn't hear it properly.

I decided to ignore what she muttered and continued to watch the game but I heard a few words she said in Japanese like:

"Hijō ni kimagurena." (Translation: Quite oblivious)

I don't know whom she is referring to or what's on her mind. I didn't bother to analyze what she means as I looked at the game that was going on.

Midorima shoots a three pointer with his special move, three pointer high projectile. Which he shoots the ball in a very high angle thus by this the ball won't be blocked nor be stolen in this way and he can earn three points for his team, that can be an advantage for them to win. Am I a reporter now?

Akashi soon gets the ball from the other team and passes it to Midorima to shoot it again. He shot it and they've been gaining more points effortlessly. I also noticed that he audience is getting bigger every second. I look over Kaye who looked bored by the game.