Chapter 16|| Preparing for the School Festival

Teamwork is about doing things together, there is no 'I' and 'only' in a team. It is always a 'WE'.

Place: Union Academy, Union Dorms

Time: August 13, Saturday, 8:00 am

Liz POV

I groaned in frustration as the light illuminates my room. I wanted to sleep more but I can't. I pulled the blankets of my bed over me, covering me from head to toe. Now within 3 seconds, I'm able to sleep.

3...2...1... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

"RING! RING!" My eyes jolted wide open and my body rose into a sitting position on my bed. My eyebrow twitched in annoyance as I looked over my side and found my alarm clock ringing in a very annoying manner.

Why did I buy this clock anyway?

I shut the alarm clock off by pressing one of the buttons of a screen that appeared before me. It was a floating control system that manages my room. In other words House management system (H.M.S)

I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes. A yawn escapes from my mouth. I want to sleep again, but can't. My slim and pale fingers rose up and press some buttons and coffee latté was served to me by a small flying cup counter waiter. Sounds weird right? But it says all.

I took the coffee latté and took a sip from it as I looked at my notifications of my account in a floating touchscreen TV like device.

The latté tasted divine and it's sweet with a bit of bitter in it too. I lick my lips in satisfaction. Why is my taste testing skills so good?

I checked some files and reports to me that was sent last night. Finally, finished checking them all, I read my last email sent. My eyes widened.

_________________________________

To: Izmer@unione.com

From: Shannie@unione.com

Liz, we will have an emergency tomorrow, Saturday, at 9:30 am about the school festival- Union Nutritional Festival.

Other school representatives will also be there. They'll be part of the festival too.

In short everyone will be there to discuss about it. Please don't be absent. We practically need you because it's about the school event. YOU ARE NEEDED BADLY!

From your dear BESTFRIEND

Chloie Shannya Belaire

_________________________________

My mouth fell open as I read it again for... 10 times. I immediately got my phone and finished drinking my latté.

'This is not good... This can't be happening...' I internally panicked.

I opened my phone and found that I received 89 miss calls and 120 texts from my classmates.

I don't bother to check the messages as I looked at my phone what time was it. It was 8:45 am and I need to scram.

Quickly as possible, I cleaned my bed and went to get some clothes in my big wardrobe.

I got a white shirt with a light blue print that says 'Food is life' with a part of the shoulders have a patch of light blue, denim jeans, black belt and black boots with laces that reaches up to my knee.