Chapter 17|| Another Round

Another round of what? Peace? Hell? Love? Try to name it and I'll be there to make it come true.

Place: Outside an Arcade in the Amusement Park

Time: August 13 X7019, Saturday, 5:30 pm

Clarissa POV

'I'm dead beat, I need to rest.' I whined inside my head and went outside the arcade to clear my head off. I'm taking a break from playing too much in the arcade. I just made new high scores in different games inside.

I left the others- Kaye went out a few minutes ago, who were still playing inside and went to a vendo machine. I put some money in the machine and picked a tin canned drink. I took two of it. I opened one of them and p took a sip from it.

My lips touched the cold drink that tasted a bit sweeter than usual, but I can deal with it. I had too much caffeine back home.

I walked aimlessly on a somewhat lively street with a sea of faces that I didn't bother to care at all. They all look happy. Too happy. I can see them smile and laugh. A true one or a fake one.

It doesn't really matter. They're just too noisy for my preference. However seeing them act exited and giggly was annoying. Especially the clown faced women who has nothing to do but to flirt and enjoy themselves with men. Who are normally and absolutely stupid.

I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue. "Tsk."

It took me a few minutes to reach a deserted place lighted with lamps, it had benches and a beautiful view of the city and the sunset.

Wind blew lightly on my skin. It also blew some of my carnation pink hair strands that were behind my ear, I took them and tucked them behind my ear.

My eyes scanned at the scenery, it was tranquil and a sight to behold. Which I'm not really amused by it. My eyes scanned over the little details I can see through my glasses- I finally changed them into a color of red for no reason.

I spotted a familiar figure sitting in one of the benches made from metal and wood. I smirked and went near to the figure.

"Want some?" I asked out from the blue as I showed Kaye the other can that I was holding. Kaye, who noticed my presence, just smirked at me and took the can.

"Thanks." She says as she smirks at me and opens it. I grinned and sat beside her.

I heard the sound of an opened can and took a sip from mine.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked her again, she takes a small sip from the drink.

"Who knows." Kaye shrugged at me as she answered. "I don't have any plans yet."

I frowned a bit at her as I tasted the iron like taste of my drink. "Lair. You do have plans. Besides, Barry Allen gave me a letter that was addressed to you. It has the seal of the principal."

I pulled out an envelope from my pocket and showed it to Kaye. She gave me a blank looked but she sighed soon. I gave her the envelope and she took it placing it inside her pocket.

"You didn't read anything inside of it, did you?" Kaye asks me while raising a brow.

I shook my head. "I didn't. I swear, cross my heart and stick a needle into my eye."

Kaye chucked at me and I laughed a bit. Its silly for me to make a promise like that.

"Its been a while since we laughed like this." I stated and she nodded.

"True. Probably after this we will be busy."

After that we took silence take over us as we watch the sunset. Still not amusing. It took a few minutes for us to break the silence.