Chapter 12: Return For Her

SIX DAYS LATER
-Akari P.O.V-
I watched over Natsu's body while I sat on the windowsill of his hotel room. Lucy Heartfilia had only left five minutes ago, after Erza Scarlet had convinced her to get something to eat.
The beautiful thing about my magic...was time. In my illusions the world is my own, therefore I can change whatever I want. Time is the one of the things men crave...and I can give anyone as much of it as I want. The time in Natsu's illusion is three hundred and sixty five times faster than in the real world, if you're going by minutes.
Therefore, a day in this world...is a year in Natsu's.

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Lucy, it's been almost a week," Erza began. Wendy, Erza and I had all gone to get something to eat. We were too worried about eating in a resturaunt in fear that there would be council members walking around, so we had grabbed some food at a supermarket and were eating at a small park, just a few blocks away from the hotel.
"I know..." I replied, sighing. "But if we just-"
"No, Lucy. You've been saying that since it happened."
"So what do you expect me to do? Just leave him?!" I suddenly shouted, losing my temper.
"Lucy! Please don't get angry like that..." Wendy muttered. There was a little fear in her voice. Seeing her innocent face, I calmed down.
"I'm sorry, guys..." I said, breathing deeply. "It's just been driving me crazy, that's all."
"We know how you feel, Lucy," Erza replied, smiling.
"Actually, we kinda don't..." Wendy said, giggling. "Lucy's feelings for Natsu are beyond all of us!"
"Yes, that's true," Erza added, laughing as well. "What you two share is special."
Erza took hold of my hand.
"That's why we're never going to leave him, Lucy," she said.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Hey, Nova!" I shouted.
Where the hell is she going?
I watched as my clueless sister strolled completely the wrong way, an idiotic grin on her face.
"Huh? Nii-San?" She asked, walking over to me.
"Do you have any clue about directions? Our house is this way!" I scowled, pointing at the opposite route.
"Well how am I supposed to know?! You're the one who does all the exploring!" She argued back, hitting me on the head.
"So immature," I muttered under my breath.
"What was that?"
"Nothing."

We had left the house early this morning to get fruit from our neighbour. We say 'neighbour' because his house is the closest to ours, but he still lives nearly a mile away.
"Give me those," I told Nova, as I took the heavy box of apples off of her.
"Thanks, Nii-San," she hummed, stretching her arms out in front of her. "Mom will probably make applie pie tonight with those, you know."
"S-She will?!" I cried, glancing at her. Nova started laughing, and nodded her head.
"It is your birthday, after all," she told me.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that..." I muttered. "How old am I now?"
"Eighteen, you idiot," she said. "I turned fifteen a few months ago. You all caught up now?"
"Mmhm," I murmured. A smirk suddenly grew on Nova's face.
"Maybe the lady in white will talk to you again," she began.
"Come on Nova, Mom hasn't told us about her in six years..." I muttered, sighing.
"Oh don't be so negative!" She argued. "After all, she did pick you."
"Yeah yeah, whatever..." I said, already bored of hearing her tales.

"Welcome home, you two!" Our mother called out from the kitchen as we entered the house.
"Heya!" Nova replied. "Natsu's got the apples!"
"Oh, perfect! Bring them in, darling!" My mother said to me.
"Coming," I told her, as I made my way down the hallway and into the kitchen.
"They're just right!" Mom said, taking one out of the box and examining it. "I'll make you the best apple pie you've ever had, Natsu!" She kissed me on the cheek before hurrying upstairs. "My little boy's already eighteen..." I heard her mutter.
"Mom can be so embarrassing sometimes..." I said to Nova as she came into the room. Taking an apple out of the box, I took a bite and lifted myself onto the table.
"Here's your present," she replied, throwing me a small box.
"You got me a present?" I asked her, admiring it.
"Of course I did!" She shouted back, folding her arms. I carefully unwrapped it, to find a necklace with a wooden symbol pendant. In the middle of the symbol was an engraved 'N'.
"I have one too," she said, pulling a necklace out from under her shirt. Her's also had an 'N'.
"So...does the N on mine stand for Natsu or Nova? And the same goes for yours..." I began.
"That's the beauty of it! We can be strong and rely on ourselves, but if we ever need help we know that the other is there," she explained.
"...It's nice," I said, slipping it over my head. "Thank you."
There was an awkward silence. So I shrugged, and gestured for her to come over towards me.
"Come on," I said, smiling.
"H-Huh? Why?" She replied. Before she could say anything else, I made my way over to her and gave her a hug.
"N-Nii-San..."
"Thank you, Nova," I told her. "For everything."
"You idiot..." She replied, laughing. "I'll always be here for you."
"That's my line," I said. "I am the older brother after all."