Chapter 40: The Last Town

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Bisca! Long time no see!" Wendy cried happily, throwing her arms in the air with excitement.
"Y-You guys?!" Bisca stuttered, her eyes wide open. She had changed her appearance somewhat over the past few months, with her hair now long and straight and her outfit even more womanly.
"Yeah, we've been travelling for a while..." Cana added while she rubbed her neck tiresomely. "You seem to be in good shape!"
"I've been following you guys on the news," she explained with a teasing grin. "Well, haven't you all been up to no good!"
"Hey lady, I don't know who the hell you are, but the news is a bunch of crap!" Gray suddenly spurted out from behind us. He stepped forward, gripping his fists.
"This whole 'false news' stuff has really got him on edge," Mira muttered with a small giggle, who had also appeared from the crowd.
"Gray, there's really no need for that..." Lisanna added as she laughed alongside her sister.
"Well if you've gotta problem, I don't mind taking you on!" Bisca taunted. She grabbed her guns and spun them skilfully, before loading them both a with a full round.
"You're the one who'll be frozen solid," Gray replied, getting his magic ready.
"Frozen?"
I turned round at the new voice. Julia was standing behind me, peeping curiously over my shoulder.
"J-Juvia!" I cried, surprised to see her. "Where have you been all this time?"
"Juvia has been making friends with the rosafelts, and listening to their stories," she replied humbly. However, her attention quickly shifted from me to Gray. She stepped forward, eyeing him up carefully.
"Oh, right. You haven't met Gray yet, have you?" I asked her. She nodded her head in agreement, but she refused to take her eyes off of him.
"Ice make: hammer!" Gray chanted as he raised his arm in the air. A huge hammer made of ice formed in his hand, ready to strike down his enemy. I was actually shocked that he could use his magic so naturally already.
"I-Ice magic..." Juvia stuttered. Soon after, I noticed stars shine in her eyes.
"Such beautiful magic...we were made to be together!" Juvia suddenly cried out, lifting her arms in the air with joy. "Gray...Gray-sama! My name is Juvia!" She jumped out to him, ignoring the fact that he was preparing for a fight. "You are my true love, my prince, my knight in shining-"
She was cut off as Gray accidentally smashed the hammer down on her head. We all stared with dumbfounded expressions, while Juvia lay unconscious on the floor.
"W-Who the hell is this girl?!" Gray shouted, his hammer disappearing as the magic faded.
"Um, I think you just knocked her out while she was declaring her love for you," Bisca explained.
"Wow, talk about a rejection!" Natsu joked, giggling with childish laughter.
"I didn't mean to do it!" Gray attempted to justify himself. He leaned down next to Juvia, and began shaking her body. "H-Hey, you! Wake up!" He yelled.
"How romantic..." I murmured under my breath.

After lying an unconscious Juvia down on a makeshift bed I had created with divinity, we got started.
"Bisca, I don't know if you've caught on with the news, but as you can see we're building an army," I explained, gesturing to the crowd behind me. "And of course, we invite you to join."
"And of course, I'm in!" She replied with a confident grin. Her gaze shifted to my hand, at the bright pink fairy tail mark.
"What's that you got there?" She asked.
"It's our army's mark. The fairy tail insignia," I replied as I laid my hand out for her to see.
"That's kinda cool..." she said. Natsu stepped forward with a sudden need to join the conversation.
"And we also figured out something pretty amazing," he added. Before Bisca questioned him, he clicked his finger to create a small flicker of fire above his thumb.
"H-Holy hell!" She shouted, with sheer amazement plastered on her face. "You really have come a long way, haven't you! So, how does it work? Does everyone here get magic? Wait, can I..."
"Bisca," I began, with a warm smile. "Magic was always meant for everyone. We found a diary from hundreds of years ago. It talked of a time where everyone was free to use magic. It was no 'sacred treasure', it was simply a wonderful gift, given to us by...well, by Deivina."
"Deivina? Gift? Wow, I've missed out on a lot..." Bisca muttered, scratching her head nervously. "But I'll catch up. So, where do I get this magic then?"
Natsu quickly grinned mischievously, like a child planning something stupid. Actually, that was exactly what he was doing.
"Get ready, Bisca!" He cried playfully, raising his arm in the air.
"Natsu!" I shouted wth annoyance. "People aren't always okay with you thrusting a syringe in their hearts-"
"Give it your best shot, Natsu!" Bisca replied. "I wanna use magic already!"
"You got it!" Natsu replied, as he dug his divinity-made syringe into her chest. Bisca gasped, as the magic travelled through the body and fought back the restriction gas.