Chapter 3- The Kind Stranger

The strangers voice was so... amazing. It was deep, yet smooth, but rough around the edges. I could, if tired enough, fall asleep to the sound of his voice.

He let my arm go and backed up, unsure of what to do. "What's your name?" He asked softly.

"Sean, but call me Jack." I whispered to him. I still didn't know how he would react to me, since I did break into his house.

"Hey Jack, I'm Mark. Do you need something to wear?" He asked me again softly. He was talking as if he said something too harsh he could break me. I nodded.

"Okay, let me go find something small for you to wear. Just stay there. Okay?" He turned around and left to go, well, wherever in his house.

I took this opportunity to look around at what I could see, considering I was in my smaller form and couldn't even see over the counter top. The floor was tiled with white marble and the cabinets were white. The counter tops had a nice mix of brown and different specks of black and silver that made it shine.

I couldn't see too much more so I climbed onto a stool that sat under the island in the center of the kitchen. Once I sat on the stool I could see a lot more of his house.

I could see more of the appliances and objects in the kitchen. There were cabinets hanging from the wall that had glass doors so you could see what was in them. Sitting on the countertops were some knives and used bowls. The bowls were probably used in making the cake that I almost ate.

Past the kitchen was a grand entrance way with a stairs to the right of them. I could see an opening to another room, but couldn't see what was inside from where I was. There was a hallway by the kitchen, which had more doors down it. This house was huge.

I heard the stairs creak as Mark came down them. His voice rang out, "I tried to find something small enough for you too fit in, but couldn't find something your size. I hope this fits well enough." He set clothes down in front of me and smiled.

I cautiously grabbed the first piece of folded clothing and saw it was some elastic shorts. I didn't know if the shorts were small enough to fit me though. I dropped the shorts to the floor so that I could climb down the stool and not fall. Once I was safely on the ground I slipped on the shorts and tried to get them as tight as possible, which was still pretty loose but anything is better than being naked. Mark handed me the shirt and I quickly slipped in on my tiny body. Honestly he could have just given me the shirt because the shirt almost covered my entire body like a nightgown.

"Thank you, for the clothes I mean." I told Mark as I looked down at the floor trying to avoid eye contact.

"No problem. I saw you trying to eat the cake I just made." I blushed embarrassed he brought it up. "Are you hungry?" I nodded. "Let me see what I have."

Mark decided on giving me something simple to eat because he told me I looked like I hadn't eaten in a while and wouldn't be able to digest too much food. So, we (really Mark) settled on giving me some cereal with milk. I love milk and believe it will help me grow a few more inches... hopefully.

I ate in silence as he watched me. He was probably trying to figure out what to do with me. I wouldn't be surprised if he called the cops to pick me up and they would just bring me back to that hell hole. I won't go back there. Whatever it takes, I will never go back there.

After I finished eating and thanked Mark for the meal he set the bowl in the sink and cleared his throat. "If you don't mind me asking Jack-" He paused for a second "-did you run away from home?"

I wanted to laugh at him. That place? Home? Wow. I never thought I would hear that in the same sentence. "You could say so... the place where I was before was not very nice. They would also punish me if I didn't do exactly what they said and would sometimes starve me if they felt it necessary. It was living hell. They gave me this." I lifted up my arm and there was an abundance of cuts and scars. Some more recent and barely healed, and others had scabs and scars in their place.

He looked shocked. Not just from what I had told him, but probably because that was the most I had spoken to him since I met him about an hour ago.

"I'm calling the police." "Wait!" I yelled at him before he could grab a phone. He paused and turned around to look at me.

"Please, before you call the police let me show you something." I pleaded. Maybe if I showed him my tail he would understand. I quickly transformed back into a regular human boy when he found me. Also because my ears match my hair color I can easily press them down into my head and hid them. But I'll reveal my tail to him, especially if it will get him to not call the police and get me to safe house or something.

I climbed down the stool and turned to face him. I quickly transformed, making sure to keep my ears folded down, and looked up at him with a shy smile. "Please don't freak out." Was all I said as I turned around and pulled the back of my shirt up to reveal my tail under it.

From the corner of my eye I could see him crouch down with wide eyes. He reached out to touch my tail but before he did I wrapped it around my body. I hate it when people touch my tail. It is mostly because when I am in my adult form I get an erection.. Weird... I know, but it also sends a weird shiver up my spine.

"Please don't touch it. Its very sensitive." I dropped my shirt down which hid my tail.

"Is it real?" He asked.

"Of course." I asked him baffled as to why he would even ask me that.

He suddenly stood up and walked away.

"Mark? Whats wrong?" I asked him