Black and White

Dara is a reserved person. She always held her head low. On the look of it, she's counting her toes all the time and avoiding people's gaze. She doesn't speak unless she was asked. She prefers to be alone. It's difficult to get her to open up to anyone. She has trust issues, basically because of all the people who bullied her from the past. But Bom cracked her open rather quickly and they are now close as anyone could be, despite the fact that it's only been a few weeks since they've met.

Bom discovered that Dara is actually a funny and weird person. It's a known fact that she is intelligent; a scholar in the university, but she's also witty. She never talked back to those who intimidate her. She is very understanding and very thoughtful. She never let any negativity get in her head.

Dara and Bom are inseparable. After Bom came, Dara became brighter, more cheerful, and livelier, even boys started to take notice of her, but this only made the bullies hate her more. Bom is always behind her back like a support system, ready to back her up. Dara never felt alone again.

They were having a snack by the bench near the school garden. Dara was fumbling with the small notebook she always has with her. Bom peeked and saw her writing something in it.

I saw him again... He was there last night. I hope tonight...

"He? He who?" Bom asked.

Dara panicked and hid the notebook away from Bom's sight. "Uh. Nothing." Dara answered. Bom didn't press on the matter because she knows that if Dara wants to share this to her, she will, eventually.

"Hmm. You have work later?" Bom asked. Pretending to divert her attention to something else although in reality she is very curious about what Dara was writing in her little notebook.

"Yep. Drive me there." Dara said, pouting her lips at her new friend.

"Hey! Who are you? Where's Park Sandara?" Bom questioned raising her hand on her mouth, faking a shocked expression.

"Please?" Dara continued winking her way through the favor.

"Look at you woman. A few weeks ago you were like a lost kitten, not even speaking much. Now here you are openly asking me to drive you without even a hint of dignity." Bom said puffing her cheeks in exaggeration.

"Ugh. I'm hurt. I'm being judged by my one and only friend." Dara said, clutching her chest, emphasizing the phrase 'one and only friend'.

"Fine! As if I can say no right?" Dara answered this with a huge grin.

"You're prettier when you smile." Bom complimented Dara. Dara, as usual, blushed with the remark and kind of turned away. "Why do you feel uncomfortable when I tell you those things?"

"I guess I'm just not used to it, and partly because I don't believe it." Dara shrugged her shoulders.

Bom wasn't saying this just because Dara is her friend. Dara is indeed a beauty. She is petite, slim, and very doll like. She has a perfect oval shaped face like an egg, she is strikingly pale like a sheet, emphasizing her thin pinkish cherry lips, her skin is smooth like a fine piece of china. She has long brown curls that look striking against her white skin and her round eyes shows wonder, and honesty. Her eyes shows her soul. Her brown orbs looks like chocolates against her milky white face. She's always dressed in very simple clothing, nothing too attention-grabbing, nor too revealing. She has always been conservative, yet she commands attention.

"You are very beautiful and you should believe that." Bom smiled gently.

"You are beautiful Bommie. Beautiful doesn't even do you justice."