The Offer

They were walking back to the house. Dara sat down on the bench outside the house to clean her feet, it was covered with sand, to her utter shock, Jiyong suddenly knelt down in front of her and he cradled her feet on his lap, he cleaned it using his bare hands. She couldn't protest, she was so touched with this small gesture. He's such a bad boy, but a gentleman.

"Now let's get you home." Jiyong gazed at her and smiled.

They went up the rooms on the house to clean up and change. There were two rooms in the house. Dara used one. Jiyong used the other.

The thin wall separating the two.

Thoughts of the day that passed ran through their mind.

One mind, confused, muddled, tangled, and chaotic.

The other determined, hoping, wanting, and worried.

---

After changing, Dara went out of the room to look for Jiyong. She heard voices from below. She was sure the only ones who stayed on the house was her and Jiyong, of course there were 'a few of his men' around, but they weren't like this towards Jiyong. Not that she has seen all of them. The voice, other than Jiyong, sounded friendlier towards him.

She went down and saw the source of the voices. Two older men were sitting side by side in front of Jiyong.

"You're done?" Jiyong looked up at her.

Dara just stared at him, then at the two older men with Jiyong.

"Oh, this is Jinu hyung." Jiyong gestured towards the bulkier guy.

"Oh, so you're the one." Jinu looked at her and smiled.

"And this is Sean hyung." Jiyong continued, he gestured at the slimmer guy. He has a really endearing smile.

"Good evening, Lady. Sorry if we suddenly appeared. We just had to see Jiyong immediately." Sean bowed at Dara.

"Oh, good evening Lady. We are Jiyong's favorite... hyungs." Jinu scratched his head as if he'd forgotten something and bowed at Dara too.

"Favorite! Oh you're gonna hear about this from your favorite hyung, TOP." Sean remarked.

Dara found their actions bizarre. She wondered why they were being extra polite at her, even calling her lady but she just shrugged her shoulders and greeted them too.

"Good evening... uhm.... Jinu ajusshi... Sean ajusshi?"

Jinu and Sean were taken aback and just stared at each other, they burst into laughter. Dara blushed and looked down because she was embarrassed. Sure, she didn't know how to address them, but she can do better than ajusshi right? Jiyong moved closer to her and patted her shoulder.

"She's right. You are ajusshis." Jiyong winked at Sean. Jinu was still clutching his stomach and is still laughing nonstop.

"Sorry, what should I call them oppa?" Dara looked up at Jiyong.

"Ajusshi." Jiyong smiled at her. "They are... part of my men? I guess... They just came back from the US." Jiyong explained.

They sat and talked a little. Dara was so amused at how carefree Jiyong was in front of these 'part-of-his-men' duo.  He was always strict and quiet around his men, but they were like his real hyungs.

---

Dara and Jiyong were on the car, driving back home. As usual, there were convoys around them.

"You seem close with those... ajusshis, Jiyong."

"Yeah, I grew up under their care. They were my very first teachers." Jiyong explained.