Calibrate

It was dinner time, Dara prepared a meal for Jiyong and Bigbang. It was a simple feast, it was like a small welcome party, although the one who's supposed to be welcomed did all the cooking, Dara has no complaints.

Jiyong has a huge dining table. Everyone was immersed in their own conversation while Dara was preparing the table, she was happily placing the colorful plates she chose back in the mall. Dara shushed away Jiyong for him to join his brothers. But despite being in a conversation with them, his eyes were fixed on the most beautiful woman in his eyes.

Dara called them to the table as she finished preparing their meal when the door to Jiyong's unit opened, lo and behold, it was Victoria. She entered straight ahead, as usual, then she greeted them with a beautiful smile on her face.

"I heard Dara moved today. Welcome Dara!" Victoria walked towards Dara, who was still holding a pitcher in her hand, Victoria kissed her cheeks and smiled warmly at her.

"Thanks." Dara didn't know what to say. She doesn't even know what to expect from Victoria. But she's starting to like her.

"Uhm. Victoria we're having dinner, would you like to join us?" Dara politely asked.

"May I?" Victoria sweetly asked, then she turned to Bigbang for approval.

"Of course." TOP answered for the rest of them.

Dara went back to the cupboards to get another set of utensil for Victoria to use.

Jiyong sat at the head of the table, TOP sat on his right side, and beside him was Youngbae. Victoria sat on Jiyong's left side. Beside her was Daesung, followed by Seungri. Dara was about to place the utensils on the table when she realized she was doing this for herself, the 'extra' set was for her, and she never felt out of place in her life the way she's feeling it at that moment. Everyone sat as if on auto mode. Everyone except her has a place of their own on The Drako, as if it was assigned and designed that way. Everyone has a designated place, except her. That moment, she felt as if it was all wrong, her decision was wrong. She doesn't belong. This place isn't for her. The city isn't even for her in the first place. She just doesn't belong. She belongs in the sea, the country side, where it is dark and quiet.

TOP and Jiyong exchanged glances, seeing Dara looking torn and confused. Jiyong felt a pang of guilt because in just a split of second he forgot that Dara was new in the place and she might feel out of place. TOP stood up and offered his seat to Dara. But Dara declined and said that she'd just sit beside Youngbae, but TOP abruptly stood up and sat beside Youngbae, he even hugged Youngbae from the side, so Dara couldn't do anything but to sit on the seat he left.

Victoria smiled at her again as she settled on her seat, though inside, she's pissed off, and she was wondering why TOP gave up his seat for her. They've always sat on that manner ever since they were little. But she has to keep her composure, and she did.

Conversations were exchanged while consuming the food Dara prepared. There were times that it would slip their minds that Dara was there, they tried to keep the conversation flowing and general, for everyone to understand. It was quite hard though, because Dara wasn't part of The Court, where they all belong to, and Victoria does not attend the same university the rest attends, too.

Victoria started asking questions about Dara. About her background, her family, her home town. Dara felt as if Victoria is trying to make her feel comfortable around her, around them, and for that, she's thankful.

They were done eating and were sitting in the living room when Victoria suddenly gasped.

"I almost forgot why I went here in the first place." Victoria announced.