Lies

Inside a private room in a hospital owned by The Court, two bodies lay motionless on two beds parallel to each other.

One bed, occupied by a woman, bruises all over her body, she was pale accentuating the bruises, has an oxygen supply plugged in her system helping her breathe, her lips were busted, her bruised eyes closed, but nevertheless very much alive.

On the other bed, a man lay motionless, almost crippled, and full of bruises, scars all over the body, his face, once a blank canvass, now full of scars.

Both were fighting for each other.

---

Jiyong woke up, feeling heavy. His body hurts like hell. His mind wandered, his eyes adjusted at the sudden light, then he looked around and saw his friends surrounding him. TOP, Youngbae, Daesung, and Seungri. They were all wearing a worn-out face. He was in daze, and for a moment he was just staring at them, he was too tired, too drained, and in so much pain to be able to think straight. Then suddenly it clicked. As if a mechanism in his body suddenly worked again and jerked him alive.

"Where's Dara? Is she okay?" the first thing he said after 2 days of being unconscious.

"She's... still unconscious Jiyong, but the doctors said she's going to be fine." TOP answered.

TOP looked at him with apprehension, he approached him, his brother. He almost lost Jiyong.

"If something bad happened to you that night... I would never forgive myself." TOP said. He pursed his lips after, trying to swallow the words he wanted to say. He wanted to scold Jiyong. To ask him why he didn't ask for help. He could've helped. He knows Jiyong might have reasons, but still.

"I'm so sorry hyung. I really am." Jiyong whispered. He is sorry, for causing so much trouble. He kept a lot of people worried that night, he knows.

Their bond, their relationship, is deeper than that of friends. They are like brothers. They grew up together, they know each other so well, and nobody could hide secrets. It was hard for Jiyong to be untruthful towards TOP, it was hard for TOP to accept that Jiyong lied to him. But these all lay in the past. TOP approached him to pat his shoulders, assuring him that everything is all right.

"I want to see her." Jiyong pleaded, he attempted to sit up, he wanted to stand up and go to wherever Dara is. But all that he could muster with the strength he has was to merely lift-up his head from the bed.

Bigbang moved out of the view, Jiyong saw her angel. Sleeping peacefully. He saw the steady rhythm of her chest, heaving up and down. 'She's alive', he thought. Her face is still covered in the purple-ish bruises she acquired. He wanted to stand up and to go to her, hold her hand, caress her face, and just then, he felt the weakness on his body. A hindrance, Dara is so near, yet so far. Try as he might, it didn't really matter that she's so near; he cannot reach her.

"You need to rest, hyung." Seungri said.

"I think I had enough rest, Seungri-ya." Jiyong wanted to reach Dara so bad. "Hyung, could you help me sit next to Dara?" Jiyong pleaded to TOP.

TOP called a nurse and asked for a wheel chair. The boys helped Jiyong sit on it and wheeled him next to Dara. Jiyong had a cast on his leg where he attained a gunshot, his arm was wrapped, too, where he was shot. He was relatively immobile, and his movements were very limited.

He sat there quietly for a long time, just looking at Dara. All the pain he was feeling became a dull throb. Seeing her made him feel alive. Like he was full charged once more. Replaced with brand new batteries. Like he was never hurt nor beaten. He felt like he saw another sunrise, but this time, it's brand new, one that he's never seen before. He felt like he could do anything he wanted to do. And at that moment, he's alive again.